ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 clio high revving, wont go past 40mph

182 clio
Hi all, i went to take my clio out for a spin before xmas, i pulled out my drive fine, but then i noticed that the car was revving high and losing power, at first i though it was the clutch. I pulled up and started just revving the car in neutral and it sounded horrible, really restricted. I drove it back and the car would not go above 40mph, even when changing gear, still revving fairly high. If i tried to go over 40 it sounded like the car was about to stall.

Any1 had a problem like this before? Or know of it?
The car is 2004 with 80k miles

thanks in advance

182 clio
Possibly, i dont know. My cars a christmas tree at the moment, steering angle sensor is out and i have not cat. But theres no new lights

182 clio
Nope, nothing. Ive had a few ideas from people. Coil pack, water in the plugs, fuel filter ( but i hear its internal and doesnt need to be changed)

Nope, nothing. Ive had a few ideas from people. Coil pack, water in the plugs, fuel filter ( but i hear its internal and doesnt need to be changed)

they would lead to a misfire so it wont be those if yours isn't misfiring....

most likely to be throttle body related as said by mark, what lights are on? it might have been coming for a while...