ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 coilovers?

ali-ham

ClioSport Club Member
  williams + 182's
Hi, new to this and wanted to get opinions on what way to go with suspension for my 182, i want to fit coilovers and lower it a bit but want a good quality set but dont want to pay a fortune for them. i was looking at gaz coilovers and also bilsteins, has anyone fitted these and if so what do you think. If you have any ideas i like to here what you's think.

Tiger R6 / Saxo Vts
Fitted Gaz to my 182 with cup packs a year or so back and they seemed pretty good, despite most people on here saying they aren't so good. For the price I couldn't fault them. There was plenty of damping adjustment, and height adjustment too, and they were easy enough to fit.

Having said that there are meant to be better quality coilovers about - but you will pay a lot for them.

Corby Motorsport were the cheapest for Gaz coilovers when I bought mine.

ali-ham

ClioSport Club Member
  williams + 182's
yea, thats who i quoted for them, they are far cheaper. ive heard that they suffer from leaks which is sorta puttin me off a bit. i had looked at fk's but was also told to stay clear. i had them before with no problems tho.

Tiger R6 / Saxo Vts
I only had mine about 6 months before I sold the car to get a VX220, as I chop and change cars quite often. No problems in that time.

Think a couple of mates have had them on Scooby's with no problems too.

Apart from that I've not had any experience of Gaz. Had Avo in the past on a 205 gti, but they weren't coilovers, and had Spax on my kit car - they were also ok - not heard good things about them though for the Clio. Koni's I had on my Saxo Vts seemed ok too, if nowhere near as firm as the Gaz.

B

bigrich690

i'm thinking of getting fk's as someone recommended them to me for the ride hight, slammmmmed is the look i'm going for :)

ali-ham

ClioSport Club Member
  williams + 182's
the fk's give great lowering, im only looking to go down 30mm. Im still not sure which to go for, the gaz sound good but the fk's would be ok too. Have you had any experience of what the fk's drive like in the clio?

B

bigrich690

i know i lad on here fitted gaz to his not to long ago and his looks and feels good so if your not wanting to drop it on its cahonis then maybe gaz is the choice for you