ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 crash

I've just had a crash. i was going round 40mph down a main rd when a woman going the opposite direction, waiting to cross my side of the road thought she would just go and needless to say smashed straight into me
myself and my two girls have whiplash and bruising. the strange thing is not 1 of my airbags went off. has anyone else had an airbag work? the paramedics were quite baffled they didn't go off.

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
It depends where you were hit as to if the airbags are depoloyed to be honest mate. Glad no one is too hurt and wish you a speedy recovery

thanks. she hit the front and the drivers wing has been demolished, to be honest i didn't want to look. my husband said he couldn't move it as the drivers wheel had been pushed right back.

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
i think they were going faster then 5mph it all depends if the computer thinks the crash is bad enough reading from the sensors etc.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
It all depends on the severity of the impact , the position the car is impacted . Sensors in the car determine whether it is severe enough to deploy the air bags or just the seat belt pretensioners .

I had an argument with a motorway crash barrier on a bend at between 50- 60mph and mine didn't deploy , it was front end / offside wing and to be quite honest i'm glad they didn't , could have been an insurance write off if they had , whereas it was only £2500 of cosmetic damage .

Main thing is that you and your girls are ok , apart from the whiplash . Make a claim for this , for all 3 of you , you could be looking at anywhere between £4500 and £6000 possibly even a little more .

Get yourselves checked out at hospital if you haven't already .

Was there any witness's ? A good tip is always calls the police , if you tell them there is an injury they should respond straight away . Also always have one of those disposable cameras in your glove box and take photos of the scene of the accident .

If the woman has pulled across your side of the road as to turn , then she won't have a leg to stand on . Clear case of driving without due care and attention .

i'm praying it will be a write off, cars never look the same after a repaire. luckly enough their was an ambulance driver on his way to work behind me in his car and he took over, i wasn't allowed out of the car as i had neck pain. the police got all the details and witnesses. all three of us were taken to hospital so definatly a claim going in. after all thats what i pay my insurance for.

Octy vRS & Ninja 650
Sorry to hear mate,
airpags are strange things, I know someone who had a big crash on the motorway, and none went off, and someone else hit a curb, not even that hard, and they went off!

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
182storm said:
i'm praying it will be a write off, cars never look the same after a repaire. luckly enough their was an ambulance driver on his way to work behind me in his car and he took over, i wasn't allowed out of the car as i had neck pain. the police got all the details and witnesses. all three of us were taken to hospital so definatly a claim going in. after all thats what i pay my insurance for.

Nice one , sounds like you shouldn't haven't any problems with the claims . Hope your all feelin' better soon :)

The claim for the whiplash will come off the womans insurance . Plus if they do repair your car , it can devalue it after a repair , so you can claim for the depreciation of your vehicle , what it was worth before and what it will be worth after . You can claim for any physio needed , travelling expenses to and from the physio . A good solicitor that is clued up should know about all the things you can claim for .

Last edited:

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Claire said:
Check they were connected. I've known places leave them unconnected before

You've lost me there Claire :S ! Check what's connected ??

Astra VXR 17/05/07
Claire said:
Check they were connected. I've known places leave them unconnected before

How do you know this ???

Surely the only time you find out if they are connected or not would be if they need to be deployed in an accident, or as has been said, a warning lighht would come on.

Hope all involved are Ok, sorry to hear about this :-(

Yaris Hybrid
Definitely make sure the police do her for driving without due care. Keep chasing them up on this.

People like that have to be taught a lesson before they do it to someone who is in a less safe car or on a bike.

Meanwhile I am sure the Iranians will pay good money for the cloaking technology you have on your car.

I mean how the f**k can you not see a fricking 1 tonne piece of metal coming towards you.

Tangoed Works
^^^ Come on mate its an accident. Im sure she didnt mean it on purpose. Glad nobody was seriously injured.

Inferno 182 w/ Recaros ;)
182storm said:
i'm praying it will be a write off, cars never look the same after a repaire.

I had an accident in mine and it looks good as new.

I know its a clearcut case but a good guy to contact is Steve Greensmith @ Europa Consultants. www.europaconsultants.co.uk

Really helped me out and saved my skin. If you don't want to have a claim on your history then its definately the way to go.

One with a few more
err, the connections. The serv light doesnt always come on. Mine didnt. On my first car (clio) it came on even when they were connected.
I dont know why it can be so innaccurate but it can. not in all cases but it does happen, I'm proof of that.

black/gold 182
the main thing in all this is that your girls and you are safe and well,,, cars can be replaced but your kids cant!!!!!!

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Claire said:
err, the connections. The serv light doesnt always come on. Mine didnt. On my first car (clio) it came on even when they were connected.
I dont know why it can be so innaccurate but it can. not in all cases but it does happen, I'm proof of that.

Sometimes the light comes on even when they are connected , the plugs under the seat sometimes come loose and need a wiggle .

Like i said before , if the impact is detected as not severe enough the airbags won't go off .

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
jayxx83 said:
^^^ Come on mate its an accident. Im sure she didnt mean it on purpose. Glad nobody was seriously injured.

^^^^ Agreed , it was an accident , not as if anybody wants to crash .Lapse of concentration or misjudgement of the oncoming cars speed .I'm sure we've all misjudged something on the road at one time or another .

MKIII 138
^^^ disagree, driving a car is a responsiblity within which you the driver hold other peoples lives at risk. id pursue it just down to the fact that most women in cars these days dont seem to give a s**t about anyone else. (apart from girl clio drivers as they arent self/image/child obssesed drivers)

oh put a whiplash claim in and combine the car money and get a megane 225, better safe than sorry :D

My Sis had a big smash(12 grands worth of damage!) in her 1.2 clio 3years ago and her passenger airbags went off but not the drivers! couple of months before car was in garage getting its airbag warning light sorted.

Have heard of a few other clios with same thing. was there a problem with the airbags?

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
meggerman said:
^^^ disagree, driving a car is a responsiblity within which you the driver hold other peoples lives at risk. id pursue it just down to the fact that most women in cars these days dont seem to give a sh*t about anyone else. (apart from girl clio drivers as they arent self/image/child obssesed drivers)

So you've never put a foot wrong on the road , misjudged anything , lost concentration for a split second ? Cos if you answer yes i would have to say i don't believe you . Nobody is perfect , its human nature that we make mistakes in all things we do in our lives , whether it be at work , home , on the road .

Labelling all women with the attitude that they don't give a sh*t is a bit of a male chauvanist thing don't ya think ??

One with a few more
MRBILLYUK said:
Sometimes the light comes on even when they are connected , the plugs under the seat sometimes come loose and need a wiggle .

Like i said before , if the impact is detected as not severe enough the airbags won't go off .
Yeh thats what I said. Though the 'wiggling' has never been the fix for it. Electrical contact spray has though.

And sort of agree about the women driver thing. The mount of oblivious women I see doing their makeup while on the phone or just not paying ANY attention worries me

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Claire said:
Yeh thats what I said. Though the 'wiggling' has never been the fix for it. Electrical contact spray has though.

And sort of agree about the women driver thing. The mount of oblivious women I see doing their makeup while on the phone or just not paying ANY attention worries me

Granted , you do see alot of women doing their makeup , messing with their hair , i usually see this early in the morning when they are on their way to work .But to label all women with the attitude that they don't give a sh*t is a little extreme imo .

Da

Less
girlfriend scares me daily, buuuuuut....that's for another thread ;) Lets keep this related to the topic guys, not a 'lets slate women drivers' thread :)

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Daz_2427 said:
girlfriend scares me daily, buuuuuut....that's for another thread ;) Lets keep this related to the topic guys, not a 'lets slate women drivers' thread :)

^^^^ Agreed . ^^^^

Monaco Blue Mk2
Sorry to hear about the crash, you must be gutted and fairly annoyed. At least none of you were seriously hurt.

Vee dub
Agree with MrBilly on this...

I'm slightly baffled as to why the air bags wouldn't go off though? I think that needs investigating....

Hope all goes ok...

Tom

Yaris Hybrid
meggerman said:
^^^ disagree, driving a car is a responsiblity within which you the driver hold other peoples lives at risk. id pursue it just down to the fact that most women in cars these days dont seem to give a sh*t about anyone else. (apart from girl clio drivers as they arent self/image/child obssesed drivers)

oh put a whiplash claim in and combine the car money and get a megane 225, better safe than sorry :D

Personally I think that people who turn right across someones path and cause an accident should face the stiffest of penalties and maybe a ban or Jail.

Its easy to say "oh well everyone makes mistakes or the odd slip of attention" but that isn't good enough when someone ends up dead or in a wheel chair. I takes one hell of a slip of attention to not see a car, if you can't see that then how on earth would you see a child?!?!

If people knew they would get banned or jail they bloody well would pay attention and make sure they didn't make a mistake. In fact everytime they approached a junction in their car they would be absolutely sh*tting themselves. And quite right too cos I am absolutely sh*tting myself everytime I am on my bike and see a car in front on the opposite side of the road waiting to turn right....

Driving is a serious business with the most serious and deadly of consequences. It is not something you should ever do on autopilot. Trouble is people don't see it like that. They think its just part of the daily routine. Anyway thats why I say make sure the cops prosecute for driving without due care. It will make that person pay attention and every one they tell about their prosecution will think a bit harder too.

Last edited: