ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 cup HATERS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
For reference, taking mine from completely standard to this...

100_4478.jpg

...removed 117kgs so it's easy enough to do...just completely 100% impractical for a day to day car.

182 Cup makes perfect sense to me...less crap to go wrong, same excellent chassis with an easier job to do.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Love that car!!! Was watching some of your vids on youtube the other day!

172 Cup, RB 182 Cup
I wanted a clio for hacking about.

not that bothered about goodies as its a weekend/track hack.

like racing blue, bought a 182 cup job done.

We also have a 172 cup.

Meh cant see all the hype barely any difference. the 172 just kicks you harder in the bolocks when you run out of talent

RS RIP
Not noticable in real life, hence my test conditions comment. Everyone knows the 172 Cup is the fastest.

Also, your video proves nothing. And you got rinsed by a Fiesta ST!

Fiesta? S-iesta ! that's what they do from 12 to 2 in Mexico ;). Are you drunk Gaz? The car's a 182 !

with the vid he's proving his 172 is slower than a 182 Cup

Clio 182 Trophy. No. 189
I had a FF 172 (or whatever it was called) and actually do miss some of the fancy gadgets - they all worked well IMO.

It's the auto wipers that crease me up. I've seen them come on when it starts raining, then stay on at maximum speed forever unless you manually intervene to prevent them melting on a bone dry windscreen. I've also seen them suddenly stop in the middle of a monsoon. Maybe the ones I witnessed were faulty. Along with the climate control that needed adjusting more often than my manual AC, and a flickering purple 'xenon'. Yeah I'd miss those toys. Like a hole in the head ;)

MCS R56
Fiesta? S-iesta ! that's what they do from 12 to 2 in Mexico ;). Are you drunk Gaz? The car's a 182 !

with the vid he's proving his 172 is slower than a 182 Cup

In the other youtube video, is it not you getting rinsed by a Fiesta? Apologies if not. Yeah, you all sleep way too much over there!

And, no it's not. He might be shifting at like 5000 revs for all we know, so it proves nowt!

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
It's the auto wipers that crease me up. I've seen them come on when it starts raining, then stay on at maximum speed forever unless you manually intervene to prevent them melting on a bone dry windscreen. I've also seen them suddenly stop in the middle of a monsoon. Maybe the ones I witnessed were faulty. Along with the climate control that needed adjusting more often than my manual AC, and a flickering purple 'xenon'. Yeah I'd miss those toys. Like a hole in the head ;)

Lol, this is exactly what I was about to write, wipers were shite, stopped when it was pissing down, climate control was the same if at 18 or at 26, and the xenons . . . I may aswell of held a maglite out the window!

Black 182
My air con works fine and my xenons are far better than than the stock halogen lamps , i like my creature comforts especially cruise control

MKV GTI
^ FLOL Only when the electrics fail ;)

On a serious note i can understand both sides to the argument, and i bought my 182 cup simply because i wanted one even with the gash interior and without all the 'toys' which arnt neccessary i mean im not that bonidle to flick a switch when i want my lights or wipers on and as said only more things to go wrong with the french shed.

Besides u kno what ur getting with the cup ok not as hardcore as the 172 cup but a gud compromise for someone who wants a few toys and still allbeit small weight saving of 20kg every little helps eh??

Besides RB is the best colour and it just annoys the hell out of me why renault didnt make this colour exclusive to the cup as more ppl would be fighting the cup corner if this was the case.

For me 182 Cup vs 182 "FF" there is no contest, the FF is far more desirable with hardly any weight gain, that's also a reason why the Cup is slightly pointless if it's just 20kg for an interior from a base model.

The 182 FF with Cup Packs is the one to have out of 182s because there's no trade-off (if it was 100kg heavier it might be worth taking notice off). Cup suspension, spolers, nice interior with a spec level that shames many larger cars.

The 182 Cups appear to me like a 1.2 with a factory 2.0 16v engine conversion! :p

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
For me 182 Cup vs 182 "FF" there is no contest, the FF is far more desirable with hardly any weight gain, that's also a reason why the Cup is slightly pointless if it's just 20kg for an interior from a base model.

The 182 FF with Cup Packs is the one to have out of 182s because there's no trade-off (if it was 100kg heavier it might be worth taking notice off). Cup suspension, spolers, nice interior with a spec level that shames many larger cars.

The 182 Cups appear to me like a 1.2 with a factory 2.0 16v engine conversion! :p
Think I'd argue that the Trophy might be the 182 to have. Of course, all the ladies that find turning lights/wipers on would reject it straight away.

Think I'd argue that the Trophy might be the 182 to have. Of course, all the ladies that find turning lights/wipers on would reject it straight away.

Of course, Trophy aside, the 182 with Cup Packs is the one to go for hehe. So the Trophy doesnt have Xenons/auto lights?

But then the Trophy only came in one colour, and not a desirable one either (IMO). And from what I've read the dampers aren't that durable and cost silly money to fix. But then that is the running cost of running the "ultimate" Clio Sport.

I dont hate it, its the fact most cup owners are so far up their own arses about owning the 'drivers choice' poverty spec clio.

MKV GTI
^ I think that's an unfair comment tbh, I can see why someone with
no knowlege would think they are driving round in the drivers choice but if this was the case should have gone with a 172cup however I'd like to think most cliosport owners are enthusiasts and just appreciate there car whether in 'povety' spec cup or ff and so would equally be as happy in a cup as with a ff Im certanly in no disolutions that I am driving around n the best drivers car as like I said would have chosen the real cup being the 172.

I simply bought my 182 cup because I wanted a newer car and because I prefer the rb than any other colour besides maybe ly. It was also in really good nick with all services completed and was local! However knowing wat I kno now I maybe would have bought a ff at the time but tbh I love my Clio as it is!!!;)

I dont hate it, its the fact most cup owners are so far up their own arses about owning the 'drivers choice' poverty spec clio.

Perception is an interesting thing. As an ex Cup owner, I found it the other way around. FF heroes up their own arse, forgetting that a shed with plastic chairs is still a shed.

Roffle at a 182 without Cup packs. First most pointless Clio ever. Good luck selling it to anyone who knows what they are. You'll get about 10p for that. Ultra pauper spec.

172 Cup, Ibiza Cupra
Do many people on here have non cupped 182's? Or in general are most of the 182 drivers sensible?

To summarise;

182FF = best all round package with all the trinkets.
182Cup = cheaper 182FF with sack chairs and less broken trinkets.
182 = pointless.

J

jonnytheboy

I would have bought an 182FF if the seats didnt look like recovered renault 21 ones;)

Yozza'd Titanium 182
to be honest i do like cp wheels, spoiler and splitter, but its the seats that just ruin it, what is the difference in weight in the seats?

Status
Not open for further replies.