ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 cup in the showroom

my local renault soul snatcher has just taken delivery of a reacing blue 182. The blanks, as we were all shocked to see, are actually black plastic! What is wrong with Renault? The car itself doesnt look too bad and the interior didnt feel bad at all even though its not RS interior. Still, not a bad car but prices are not special at all. Id have prefered if theyd recieved an inferno one because id like to see how that looks. Im sure if they put it on a CF diet and sat it on turinis itd go down a charm. I think they really wanted to put on their 182 wheels because theyre so proud of them.

PS. this is not a post about the 182 cup AGAIN! it is a post about a 182 cup being in my local showroom.

Ta, Andy

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf

they would have to go a long way this time to better the original cup...imho,they saved so much weight last time i dont think theres anywhere else to loose it..

The 182 is now right down on weight so how would they do it without compramising the car and lowering it more than the original cup

might be better if they gave people a chance to build there own cup...Let people buy a shelled cup with engine for say 8k,add an options list in a catalouge and price everything up from carpets to seats and stearing wheels,it would be a perfect way to bow out by giving everyone the chance at a bit of DIY,individuality and super weight savings

Now a proper cup imho would be a super stripped out racer with no stereo or nout and weighing around 850-900kg and a cuple of breathing mods all protected by warranty because its renault approved.........

Ill have one in artic blue please with around 190 bhp

thanks

dk

911 GTS Cab

when i was down at my local renault earlier for my service I asked one of the salesman if they had one in yet and he said no, and they probably wouldnt ever have one as they are a waste of time and they will not be selling them if they can help it. Said it was too close in price to the 182 and was a pointless car.

Guess that would annoy renault coming from one of their dealers!

Renault Clio 172 Ph2

tis a cheapskates 182 :p hehe

cant see y ppl would buy one. i can c benefits between 172 and 172 cup. but not in this case. it to me is a un-specced 182 basically.

Quote: Originally posted by tomboy on 09 October 2004

My local dealer - Russells in Eastbourne have sold a racing blue 182 cup already.

Heres a rear shot of my 182 with cup bits in Inferno

http://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/cliosport/gallery/full/1097327812__IMG_1714.jpg

any excuse to show it off - pick it up next week :D

H
Diddnt see your Infurno 182 yesterday , when I stoped by (must of been round the back), I did see the Arctic Blue one out the front tho, which had the front splitter missing :cry:, did you check yours ?

Russles gave me a good price on a 182 but Tates in Newhaven done it even cheaper, allthough they have given me loads of greaf, maybe i should have orderd it from Russles, and if you got yours 11 days early might have been worth ithe extra.