ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Cup Owners, This question is for you!!

182 Cup Racing Blue
I have a 182 Cup and the only change to the engine is a ITG panel filter with silcone elbow to the air box from Hill Power. When I change gear between 2nd and third I get a very slight dump value noise, also happens between 3rd and fourth. Anyone had this. Also if your 182 is racing blue does it attract flies!!! cause mine does unless its the wax!!!! but don't think it is!!

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Flies always seem to be covering the car. Must be the colour, they know it's best

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
I have a 182 Cup and the only change to the engine is a ITG panel filter with silcone elbow to the air box from Hill Power. When I change gear between 2nd and third I get a very slight dump value noise, also happens between 3rd and fourth. Anyone had this. Also if your 182 is racing blue does it attract flies!!! cause mine does unless its the wax!!!! but don't think it is!!

Why the elbow????

The whole idea of panel filter is it's just a straight swap??????

182 Cup Racing Blue
The elbow is to smooth out the air to the engine. Panel filter is in the plastic airbox.

Megane Mk4
Adam69 said:
When I change gear between 2nd and third I get a very slight dump value noise, also happens between 3rd and fourth. Anyone had this.
The noise you might be hearing is the air being sucked in through the panel filter as the engines trying to breathe, either that or you have a hole in your air pipe somewhere, but I'm guessing it'll be the intake breathing tbh.

172 Cup
My car has flies on it when i park it at work... some of the files have stripes also.. they love it

Peddled device
My 182 use to get a lot of flies on it.

I have since told my neighbour to put his rubbish in the bin and not on my car.

B

Brown.

if you have a 182 with a low pressure turbo, known as a SuperCup182, you have to use a smoothed elbow insted of the original one. this allows more air to the turbo and thus giving a now louder blow off. ive also heard that if you block off the left hand side exhaust pipe ( as this is for show and dose not work anyway ) it creates more back pressure for the turbo to spin up faster.

renault only made 15 or the supercups, 12 of them went to france and 3 came here, your very lucky if you have one...... will beat pretty much every car on the road!!!

B

Brown.

the turbo is actually built into the plenum/ intake so it cant be seen so not to clutter the already cluttered engine bay.