ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 cup packed shafts

banderson

ClioSport Club Member
  05' BG 182FF
Hi all, my drivers side driveshaft is knackered (182 cup packed)
I ordered an exchange shaft but it's not available yet and they don't know when it will be but they Are now telling me they reckon the exchange shaft they offer won't fit so it will have to be a brand new one, I've heard the same somewhere else before, but it's an extra £100ish

is this correct?

Is this direct from Renault? If so I know they are on back order as I am waiting for one myself.

I thought they only supplied recon ones now anyway?

banderson

ClioSport Club Member
  05' BG 182FF
Yeah direct from Rawlinsons Renault mate, I've had an exchange unit (presume recon) on order for 3-4 weeks but phoned yesterday to check and they have now told me it won't fit 'cup packed' cars

Yeah direct from Rawlinsons Renault mate, I've had an exchange unit (presume recon) on order for 3-4 weeks but phoned yesterday to check and they have now told me it won't fit 'cup packed' cars

Eh? If it's a 182 cup driveshaft it will fit a cup packed 182. That doesn't make any sense.

Just give Adam from @Renault Wolverhampton on here a shout if you are having trouble. You will have to join the back of the queue though!

banderson

ClioSport Club Member
  05' BG 182FF
Eh? If it's a 182 cup driveshaft it will fit a cup packed 182. That doesn't make any sense.

Just give Adam from @Renault Wolverhampton on here a shout if you are having trouble. You will have to join the back of the queue though!

That's what I thought, surely an exchange shaft for a 182 cup pack will fit the same as a new shaft? Lol they are normally fairly good up there too :/

8201187820 is the right shaft

Is that new mate, or an exchange? What's the price if you don't mind me asking?

banderson

ClioSport Club Member
  05' BG 182FF
What's that posted to norfolk mate? And they definitely fit okay? What could not fit about them then for them to tell me otherwise?
I will let you know :) thanks for the help, I will just have to wait it out, car is now undriveable so nothing I can do [emoji30]

banderson

ClioSport Club Member
  05' BG 182FF
Oh right, perhaps my local Renault just hasn't seen enough 182's to know the issue was resolved :p
Is that £114+vat I take it?