ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Cup Packs

a black one
I have a 54 plate standard Black 182. It has only done 24k miles, all its service history and one previous lady owner. It is mint.

However, I want to put some cup packs on it to get the ride more like a cup.

What changes do I need to make?

How do I go about doing this?

What will the cost likely be?

PS. Don't worry about the wheels, I will be getting these changes anyway!

I wouldn't spend money on OEM Cup parts. I'd be looking at aftermarket suspension. Maybe even just lowering springs. I think there's a group buy somewhere for non-Cup 'coilovers'.

a black one
Thats great thanks.

Do you have any idea how much money I would be looking at for coilovers?

Also, do splitters and the cup spioiler effect the performance?

Thanks very much.

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Thats great thanks.

Do you have any idea how much money I would be looking at for coilovers?

Also, do splitters and the cup spioiler effect the performance?

Thanks very much.

Depends on what coilovers you go for, they start at around the 400 mark, I've got H&R coilovers on mine they are about 1k, but are very good.

Cup spoliers go on ebay for about £130+ and cup spltters are £150 new from Renault.

a black one
Depends on what coilovers you go for, they start at around the 400 mark, I've got H&R coilovers on mine they are about 1k, but are very good.

Cup spoliers go on ebay for about £130+ and cup spltters are £150 new from Renault.

Does that 1k include fitting?

a black one
Can someone tell me... I obviously no F'all about this!

I think my car may already have a cup spoiler.

It defo doesn't have a splitter and doesn't have the anthricite wheels.

Not really sure about the suspension, mine is quite stiff but I've never been in cup to be able to compare.

Is it possible that I may habe some cup packs aready?

Can someone tell me... I obviously no F'all about this!

I think my car may already have a cup spoiler.

It defo doesn't have a splitter and doesn't have the anthricite wheels.

Not really sure about the suspension, mine is quite stiff but I've never been in cup to be able to compare.

Is it possible that I may habe some cup packs aready?
What colour is the brake light in the spoiler ? If it's a big red one it's a cup one, if it's clear it's not one.

a black one
Okay I have been on autotrader and viewed various 182's and I have established that I have the cup spoiler.

Now all I need to do is discover what other cup packs I have.

I automatically assumed that because it didn't have the anthracite wheels, that it wasn't cup packed. However to my delight thats clearly not the case!

Just need to know which suspension kit it has now. Is there a way I can discover this?

appreciate your help guys and girls

There were only two Cup packs. Suspension & spoiler.

If yours has the Cup rear spoiler, then most likey it had the Cup spoiler pack with the front splitter not fitted by the dealer (it happened a lot) or someone has added the rear spoiler themself. Either way, add a front splitter and you then have the Cup spoiler pack. Breathe.

If it has silver wheels, then it's 99% certain not to have the Cup suspension. Cup suspension came with anthracite wheels. Some people without the suspension, added the wheels afterwards. The same could apply with your silver wheels but it's much less likely. There is a measurement you can take to determine whether or not yours has the Cup suspension. I don't know what that measurement is though. I would presume yours is not Cup suspension packed. Breathe.

They all had PE2 tyres IIRC. Some early ones may not have been '2' (?) but no, the tyres don't indicate the Cup pack AFAIK.

a black one
There were only two Cup packs. Suspension & spoiler.

If yours has the Cup rear spoiler, then most likey it had the Cup spoiler pack with the front splitter not fitted by the dealer (it happened a lot) or someone has added the rear spoiler themself. Either way, add a front splitter and you then have the Cup spoiler pack. Breathe.

If it has silver wheels, then it's 99% certain not to have the Cup suspension. Cup suspension came with anthracite wheels. Some people without the suspension, added the wheels afterwards. The same could apply with your silver wheels but it's much less likely. There is a measurement you can take to determine whether or not yours has the Cup suspension. I don't know what that measurement is though. I would presume yours is not Cup suspension packed. Breathe.

They all had PE2 tyres IIRC. Some early ones may not have been '2' (?) but no, the tyres don't indicate the Cup pack AFAIK.

LOL, Cheers Roy! I can now have a quick breath before I go off to get my suspension and splitter sorted!