ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Cup Suspension Overhaul (West Mids) Where to go and how much?

Racing Blue 182 Cup
I have just got myself another 182 cup. It is a great car with excellent history and in good order. It has done 77k so i am planning on replacing all of the suspension with new standard kit, maybe with the exception of some Eibach springs. I like the standard look and ride and a very subtle lower stance would be fine. I want to know:

1) Where to go?
2) Costs of parts?
3) What parts i need?

I have seen many good comments about a chap called Fred at BTM? I am ot sure but I think I remember his name from my 5GTT days ???. I am planning new dampers, top mounts, springs and bushes. Will i need to do ball joints and track rods? Are there any other parts I should do or have missed? I want to have it all set up/alligned afterwards and wondered if Eibach camber bolts would be needed with Sport/Proline springs?

Any advice greatly appreciated. Cheers

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Fred@BTM is your best bet by a country mile. The blokes a genius. A hairy genius but that's another story...

Shocks, springs, TRE's, Ball joints, ARB bushes, steering rack bushes topmounts and a good geo setup will have it factory fresh again and it will be a great drive!

Racing Blue 182 Cup
Cheers Dan. I am going to take it in to see him. Just wanted to check he was the right guy. Car is ok at the moment but I remeber the feeling of the new one i had in 2005 and it was a great road car. Dont want to loose that to much.

Last edited: