ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 decat

RenaultSport clio 182
Right, if I fit decat pipe like the one K-Tec do to my 182 will my engine management light come on? Will this also affect mixture as obviously up to a point the ecu gonna be changing fuel mixture to compensate the readings of the post cat sensor? any 1 know . Wot if i bung the post cat hole and leave the sensor in fresh air? this would then make it think that the cat was working realy well????????. sum 1 help. I just cant decide weather 2 fit 1.???

Lionel Richie
yes fit one, we think you're best to leave the second sensor connected, but not in the exhaust flow, we should be releasing a sleeve to cover the lambda

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider
the 2nd lambda simply tells the ecu if the cats working or not...

so if you decat it and the light comes on to say its not working......!!!

however this does NOTHING to the way the car drives or the settings.... its simply a toxic emmsions light for the new emmsions laws..... as your supposed to have a cat that works....

182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
I just have a quick question on this. If the engine management light is on because of the no cat, how do we tell if something else goes wrong as the light will already be on?
John

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider
its not the engine managment light... its the toxic emmsions light... they are two different lights.

the engine managment light does not come on with just the cat fault

182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
Andy GDI said:
its not the engine managment light... its the toxic emmsions light... they are two different lights.

the engine managment light does not come on with just the cat fault

Thanks Andy for clearing that up. I shall get to fitting my de-cat asap then! One last question though..my de-cat which i've kindly received from yaser has a flange missing at one end..how easy are they to buy and weld on? Will a scrap metal yard have them?
John

Ph1
Rather than coverning the second lambda or buying a sleeve wouldn't it be better just to unplug it from its block connector so you can keep the lambdar and cable safe at home ??

the sleeve should keep the light off the dash.

unpluging it the light will be there..

you just tie wrap it safely out the way in the sleeve.

MK2 Audi TT - 2.0T dsg.
I'm also tihnking on what to do here. Booked in AAS for them to check it out and get me a price for decat.