ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 discs and pads all round. Any suggestions, please?

Crazylegs

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Not sure tbh bud. I've had the car since February and they weren't changed then I'm pretty sure, so they've possibly been on a while.

Worth changing then in your opinion?

Cheers

monaco 172
Stick a pic up of the discs.

Depends if they have got a lip or not really, no point changing them of they are still close to maximum thickness.

Crazylegs

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Stick a pic up of the discs.

Depends if they have got a lip or not really, no point changing them of they are still close to maximum thickness.
Thanks mate.

I had a glance at them earlier and there is a slight rusty lip so it may be worth replacing them tbh.

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
Just a quick question if anyone can help.

I've bought some part used DS2500 front pads (only been on a Clio a few weeks) so they're pretty much as new.

Is it worth replacing the front discs for Brembo HC while I'm at it, or shall I just drop the pads in against the exisiting OEM discs and leave it as it is?

The OEM brakes feel fine tbh and a performing well but thought I'd go for the DS2500 seen as they're available at a low price, just wondering whether it's worth upgrading the disc or not at the same time.

My only concern is the existing disc will have some pad glazed on it, so bedding in should be fine as it is as they'll have already been bedded in so to speak; where as if I switch to a new disc, will it cause damage to the disc seen as the pad has already been bedded in? Am I making sense? lol

Cheers

I wouldn't put new discs on when your using old pads. I personally wouldn't ever fit used pads either but can see the attraction given the price of new DS2500's. Used pads are likely to wear discs quite quickly over the first several hundred miles and that would be a shame with new discs. Just budget for new discs and pads this time next year and treat this as a pad test. Would be my advice.

Kev@KAM

ClioSport Trader
  Badass Toyota
Theres not a definite answer.
You need to measure the disc. if its nearly new then maybe. It will not be flat as the original disc and pad will have worn their own surface. When you put the new pads on they are going to have to wear to match the shape so they are going to feel terrible for few miles.
You will also need to bed the pads in which may be a little difficult depending on how bad that contact is to start.

I think the Clio discs are cheap enough that I swap pads and discs at the same time

Crazylegs

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Hi gents

Thanks for all the messages. My brakes were binding badly on the weekend so it had to go back to the garage a few days ago, turns out the calipers are knackered so it's just had a set of genuine Renault one's fitted. On my to collect it as we speak.

What should have been a reasonably cheap job has now ended costing me nearly £350 which I could have done without on the lead up to Christmas but there you go. Hopefully it's all sorted now.

Many thanks for all your help with everything guys.