ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182, Drivers seat triggering red seatbelt light while driving.

E36 M3. 182
Hi everyone, been a while since I've been on here, but the wives 182 has been doing our heads in.

Basically, the red light and beep that you'd normally get when you drive the car without a seatbelt on comes on while driving, sometimes in corners, sometimes in straights, all very random. (and yes, the seatbelt is fastened...)

This leads me to believe that theres something loose thats telling the car that the seat belt isn't fastened when it actually is....

Is there a way of bridging the wires in the buckle to give a constant indication on the seatbelt being fastened? Would this solve the problem?

Thanks in advance....

Oggy997

ClioSport Club Member
  997.1, Caddy, e208
If you undo the 2 screws that hold the belt retainer/lock together and undo, then you'll see 2 metal contacts....

The way it works is the belt's metal 'latch' pushes in and separates these, disabling the audible warning. For some reason your car isn't separating them properly. I just bent them so far apart it never triggers, regardless of if the belt is fastened.