ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 engine refresh for track

Cayman S, RB 182
Hi,

I have a 182 non cup with AC, belts are due so while its in bits I'm planning on doing some other bits to make the car more reliable, and hopefully add another bit of performance.

Current milage 58k

My thoughts so far;

Cambelt kit
Dephaser pulley
PMS ac delete kit
Water pump
PAS pump
Head skim
Head gasket (standard?)
Rocker cover gasket (small oil leak just now)
Arp head bolts
Magnecor leads

I would love to fit some cams but can't seem to find any for sale and don't really want to be spending over the top, also i think I'll struggle to find someone to map the standard ecu as I'm in Scotland.

Any thoughts?

Also where would be the best place to get the above?

Cheers,
Neil

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Zero need for a headgasket
You'll know the answer to this...
Doesn't a head skim muck up the timing on these??

OP, your car has done 58k not 158k. Just do belts, water pump and dephaser. Spend the rest on some decent tyres and go and enjoy it on track.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Not as such, it makes setting the tensioner a bit tricky sometimes as the belt is now longer than it was (well the engine is shorter)
Oh ok so it's just a case of adjusting the tensioner to suit?
I can't imagine that's common practice given that head gaskets never go on these?

I'd also imagine that There are rover 1.8 tensioners actually made to fit with a skimmed head! Lol.

Cayman S, RB 182
Cheers for the Input!

I take it PAS pump won't need replaced then?

AC delete kit a waste of time/money?

Already got AD08Rs on and done some track orientated mods already. Just trying to do everything at once and forget about it. Hopefully itl provide peace of mind, when I come to sell it, for the buyer

Cheers

Oh ok so it's just a case of adjusting the tensioner to suit?
I can't imagine that's common practice given that head gaskets never go on these?

I'd also imagine that There are rover 1.8 tensioners actually made to fit with a skimmed head! Lol.

Yes, but sometimes (what I was referring to as tricky) the tensioner won't adjust up properly, it'll go past the 12oclock mark.