ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 engine turning over but not starting PLEASE HELP

Renault Scenic 182
As title i have a 2005 182 engine turning over but not starting.. just so happens its contained within a 2001 Renault Scenic Sport Dynamic+ 1.8 16v :rasp:

Story starts when i had a 2001 Renault Scenic Sport Dynamic+ 1.8 16v from newwhich was a fookin storming car with engine putting out a genuine 117bhp 4 times in a row at RS tuning, my cam belt tensioner shredded itself into 3 pieces and wallah...

.... i had my excuse to drop in my 'spare' Clio 182 engine ;), which i did using 172 manual inlet etc and the scenic gearbox so could use the original shafts and starter etc :D

Its all in using a PH1 engine loom and PH1 ECU with the rest connected into the original car loom, i swapped the igniton etc for the 172 one to match the ecu but it wouldnt start so realising my stupidity (imobiliser is in the UCH box behind glovebox NOT the ecu) i sent the Ecu off to RS Tuning for imobiliser code removal at a cost of £110 only to get it back and it be absoloutely NO different, it was wiped off code and the original keys etc from the scenic used, as was told id come to start and it would instantly take the Scenics code and use that from now on to start

But its exactly the same as this thread and vid

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showt...g+relay+wiiing

its started 6 times... for a split second but then stalled straight away, using a spare lead and plug i have noticed the spark goes when cranking which points directly at imobiliser, have swapped coil pack (have 3) leads (have 2 sets) and numerous other things from my PH1 172 i have sitting next to it, have swapped the crank sensor and no different and straight back onto the clio just to prove its a good sensor

ALL the PH1 172 bits on it including loom etc are off a runnign driving straight car which i stripped myself and it had NO running problems

please help cause ive lost my patience:mad:

Wayne

Clio 182 ff
I had problem with an old megane coupe I had that it would start and then just cut out. It ended up I had to have my keys re programmed to the cars ecu.

Renault Scenic 182
I was told this by RS tuning BUT when the originl cars engine went bang BOTH original keys worked fine with ecu faultlessyly not intermitent or needing to be pressed together like my other ph1's keys, they have neevr in 11 years either of them caused a problem, even treated one to a new battery to set my mind at rest (was off road for 2 months) but this in hindsight is just for the remote locking ability and nothing else

im really thinking an emulator is the next step but want someone else in the know to confirm a such to me before i plow any more into the project when the engine bay had £1k spent on it in just over 5 weeks :eek:

thanks in advance

wayne

Renault Scenic 182
Already have, they dont want to help and wont even book it in for a quick 1 hour check as "its not standard renault and so would be like us working on a foreighn car".... now im not spending any more money unless necessary and certinly not relying on anyone else to sort stuff

im not naive or cocky, ill whole heartedly admit that i couldve missed something or be overlooking something rather stupid but i need someone to tell or advise how i couldve fucked up

to put into perspective before anyone suggests im not used to wrking on these, i have done 3 Clio sport engine swaps for people so am usd to working with them and the fiddly glitches etc such as the classic gearbox earth being favourite :eek:

Thanks again to anyone

wayne

Renault Scenic 182
Any more ideas on this one?

imobiliser light stil comes on with ignition, checks and then goes out as it should and DOES NOT come back on when cranking which means IN THEORY that the imobiliser is deactivating??

thanks in advance

wayne