ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 engine wont turn over after engine fitting.

A

ashy_gtt

Now then chaps need your help, just refitted the 182 engine and I have a few problems. Connected everything back up as it was and tried to start the car, thing is it doesn't turn over?

Now Theres a couple of things I'm not 100% sure about, first is are the main fuese in the right order

fuse_box.JPG

Can anyone confirm if these are in correctly?

Second thing is there is one wire that I haven't connected and I'm not 100% sure what it was connected to.

Wire.JPG

Now I haven't got the air con piped back up yet and the front bumper isn't fitted so I don't know if its anything to do with either of them... I'm sure it wont stop the car starting tho?

Anyway, when i connect the battery up and lock / unlock the doors a few times to re-set the alarm it all seems ok, so i put the key in and turn it to to the ignition on position, theres a few things whiring and clicking under the bonnet (throttle body I guess?) then when i turn the key to turn the engine over nothing happens!

The starter is wired up correctly, however I havent checked to see if the solenoid activator wire is getting 12v yet?

Any ideas? Can't help thinking its an imobiliser issue?

Cheers Chaps

Ashy.

Mondeo TDCI 130
That wire goes to the carbon canister, down below the headlight!! As for the fuses, hang on a min, i will try and look!

Mondeo TDCI 130
Only got a PH1 outside, but fuses look identical to above! Check for switch feed at the solenoid!

A

ashy_gtt

Cheers, found the carbon canister and connected that up so jobs a good un, also checked the solenoid wire and it was only getting 3v, which i though was weird... Anyway whilst underneath the car i spotted that I'd missed the main engine earth so connected that up.

Now, Car starts but revs straight upto 3000rpm :dead: so i've had to knock it straight off.

I have no prior experience with the drive by wire throttles! With the ignition on the TB humms quite loudly, when you press the pedal nothing happens until a certain point where it opens fully. As you gently let off the throttle it shuts fully before the pedal is fully released.

THe car is revving up to 3k with the TB shut so I'm guessing i've got a big air leak somewhere... Ive wathced the TB when the car is started and it doesnt move so I dont think thats causing the problem.

Any ideas chaps?

Cheers, found the carbon canister and connected that up so jobs a good un, also checked the solenoid wire and it was only getting 3v, which i though was weird... Anyway whilst underneath the car i spotted that I'd missed the main engine earth so connected that up.

Now, Car starts but revs straight upto 3000rpm :dead: so i've had to knock it straight off.

I have no prior experience with the drive by wire throttles! With the ignition on the TB humms quite loudly, when you press the pedal nothing happens until a certain point where it opens fully. As you gently let off the throttle it shuts fully before the pedal is fully released.

THe car is revving up to 3k with the TB shut so I'm guessing i've got a big air leak somewhere... Ive wathced the TB when the car is started and it doesnt move so I dont think thats causing the problem.

Any ideas chaps?
See your other thread but you need to find the air leak. check vcume pipes I'd just leave the engine ideling remove all the tools etc and put your hand round feeling for the leak