ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Exhaust Tips (Ideas needed)

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Well I cut the exhaust tips off my standard system, never really thought about what I want to replace them with..

Currently im rocking this...

IMG_1425.jpg

IMG_1426.jpg

So any ideas what to go for?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I'd be replacing it with a new exhaust tbqfh! State of that!

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
I'd be replacing it with a new exhaust tbqfh! State of that!

It just looks bad but its actually alright, its blowing at a join which I need to sort.. When this drops off I have a spare in the shed :)

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Probably doesnt have much life left in it but I have another in the shed i bought off Mr Scutch... once thats dead il sell the car :rasp:

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Angle grinder, cut around the parts where they are welded, knocked off with hammer

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
I did this to my old 182 and all I did was weld some 3.5" stainless tubing to the end and took a disc cutter to make it slash cut. I may have a pic of it somewhere?

Looks quite similar to the piper system that 519 had altered for a customer who owns a petrol 182.

rs 182
was thinking about this kind of thing earlier to try and make the recesses more "filled", my exhaust is in good condition so curious if this could be done well. pics please!

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
was thinking about this kind of thing earlier to try and make the recesses more "filled", my exhaust is in good condition so curious if this could be done well. pics please!

Thats my reason for doing it, going tip shopping tomorrow :rasp:

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
I can't find any pics. I had an actual photo that I was going to take a pic of on my phone but can't find it, sorry guys.

Like I said though, there was a chap on here who had dan at 519 do him a piper system with 3.5" non rolled slash pipes on he's cammed petrol blue 182.

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/show...per-System-with-3-5-quot-Slash-Cut-Tail-Pipes

I had the exact same style on my standard 182 exhaust. Just 2x 3.5" pipes welded to the end and cut with a disc cutter :)

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
I think I'd rather the opposite.
Cut off my oem tailpipes and have them fitted to a performance system.
I really fancy a performance system but all the tailpipes look pants :(