ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 FF Coilovers

Liquid Yellow 182 FF
I know this subject has been done to death but I just wanted people opinions on what would be best for me. I don't want people to get into debates over companies and products, just reviews on products that fit my bill.

I'm basically looking into getting some coilovers for fast road use in the coming months but I'm quite undecided on what's best to go for as there are so many split reviews. I don't have really deep pockets (£450 max) and because I'm not planning on tracking my Clio I don't need anything to fancy. However, id like something that will be bearable for everyday driving. I'm lucky as the roads in my area are pretty decent. On my previous Clio (1.2 16v) I ran Raceland/Rokkor coilovers, I know some people slated them but for what I wanted they were fine. Id probably want something abit better. This is the kind of height I was driving at, so something similar would be ideal.
IMG_0501-1.jpg

I am aware of the main 3, having looked on K-Tec's site, but I know they probably wont get good reviews on here but I wanted to know people opinions.
Raceland/Rokkor
K-Tec Coilovers
V-maxx

If there are any others that would be great, I have read about FK's but I believe I'm correct in saying they don't make them for Cup Packed Clio's? :dapprove:

Cheers,
Mark

182, 6r GTi
verry limited choice and the 3 u have listed would be classed as poor, H&R and AST's are the only ones i really know of that seem to be rated for the ff

Liquid Yellow 182 FF
Yeah I understand I'm limited due to having a Cup Packed. I guess i'll get saving.

From what I gather for cup packed 182's.
If you want cheap low get KTEC/Raceland
If you want budget with proper camber adjustment get Vmaxx
If you want to spend more then I'd looks at Spax or H&R
If you want to spend lots more AST/KW

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
If it is never going on track then I'd get K-tec. Will go plenty low enough, and they aren't too harsh for day to day use on the road.

Although I'd personally be looking at some decent springs myself, unless you really want coilovers.

Vmaxx are the only ones to go for in that price bracket.
Only ones properly designed for cups, not just the same as non cups with the bolt holes moved, which reduces proper camber movement.