ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 FF or 172 ph2 with mods?

172 Flamer
I currently have a ph2 172 which is pretty standard apart from Ktec stealth exhaust. Car is in lovely condition and only has 65k on the clock. However I really like the twin pipes on the 182 as well as the improved suspension and alloys on the 182 with both cup packs.

Is this 182 with cup packs a much bigger improvemnt over a standard ph2 172 with upgraded suspension, for example Eibach Pro Lowering Springs?

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I really don't see the point in changing a car thats in loverly condition, and you know for a unknown one that is %99 the same car. I've had a 172 and 182 with cup packs, i actually prefered the way the 172 drove.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
I drove a friends 172 and it was obvious the difference in suspension set up with the 182 cup pack. but changing your car for that is a bit extreme, just uprate the 172. much better to keep the car you know than risk an unknown. IMO the clio's look better with a single tail pipe recessed into the bumper instead of the twin. but if you really like it don't K-tec make an exhaust to look similar?

Disastra Coupe
^^But if you do the K-Tec 182 replica exhaust please don't keep the standard 172 rim's on. Just always looks wrong imo.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
I had an 02 172 and then a new 182 with cup packs.I'd pick the 182 every time.It had the extra's that the 172 didnt have and i liked the drive of the 182 better.I had the 172 from 7 months old and then the 182 from new.
If you do change then go for a mint low miles example otherwise you'll just be throwing money at the same car for nothing.Get the best one you can...

BG 182
Ive also had both cars, and still got the 182 now, i thought the 172 drove much smoother!

260% JCW
Extras like, stupid colour seat belts, grey headlights and twin pea shooter exhausts dont warrant the hassle IMO. Even the cup extras or cruise dont do it for me. If you were going for a Trophy then id say yes.