ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 gear knob insert

obcuz

ClioSport Club Member
Hi guys
I have seen posts asking for an original looking insert for the 182, and I also know that the smooth silver insert and gear knob from Renault is really expensive (£70?) and insert and knob are only available together, but here's an inexpensive alternative (£7).
I bought two of these a couple of years ago from Bulgaria via their ebay listing, they are OEM style and come with the knob, however as the knob is crap plastic - ditch that and just use the insert which pops-out easy enough, the gear knobs are glued onto the gear stick anyway.
The inserts are not so good quality as the original and fit fine, but the numbering will wear VERY quickly, so maybe a coat of laquer would be advantageous, but if you want that OEM look - even if it is short term, these are as good as.
Here's the insert fitted to my original gear knob and it looked virtually the same as the original did.
nob.jpg

As said, these were available a couple of years ago, and I got a couple of them, however the listing disappeared for a long time and in the meantime a few asked me where I got it.....now it looks like they are available again.....
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Black...905410?hash=item2a4fa5ffc2:g:XwoAAOSwEK9Tu9Ty

I didn't have any issues getting post from Bulgaria but it'll take a week or more.
Oh yes, and the lettering soon wore off but looked real good for a while.
I hope this helps someone.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
There's loads of inserts on eBay, can even get them in different colours if you want.

Renault Clio Mk2
yeah can even get ones with embossed numbers that don't rub off, that's what i've got on mine! best £15 ever spent ;)