ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 gone into milltek today!!!

Clio 172 mk2
Yeah..in the last issue a couple of them put the Trophy in their 'fantasy garage' which for people that have driven all sorts of exotica is saying something.

172 ph1
I reckon the best 182 system will have 1 rear box, thus saving money and weight. Just stick a dummy pipe on the spare hole.
It will get rid of half the alignment problems as well...

Focus ST
skinner said:
I reckon the best 182 system will have 1 rear box, thus saving money and weight. Just stick a dummy pipe on the spare hole.
It will get rid of half the alignment problems as well...

MMmmmmm, maybe NOT!!!! :S

Integra Type R & 205 Mi16
I know you will think that i'm biased due to my connections with BTB, but i really don't think £500 is a huge amount to pay for a high quality exhaust, i'd even go as far to say that it's incredibly good value for money for the level of workmanship. Fair enough its not for everyone, it was never intended to be. You could say whats the point in having a BMW to get get to work when a fiat will do it just aswell. Different people have different opinions on what's good. To some people good means cheap, to other people good means a well constructed and designed piece of engineering.

There are a lot of people out there who will always want the best and those people realise that to get the best, you usually have to pay more and because of that those products remain exclusive and that can often mean a lot to some people.

172 cup'd extreme
£500 for a BTB exhaust is a good deal. when you look at a k-tec system or magnex system check out the welds they are shite. for £150 more you could have a quality system but 99% of users wont shed that much on a clio. went down to btb last year to see about a 172 system joe knows his s**t but 2k for an engine back !

Jap Shed
16v_jon said:
£500 for a BTB exhaust is a good deal. when you look at a k-tec system or magnex system check out the welds they are sh*te. for £150 more you could have a quality system but 99% of users wont shed that much on a clio. went down to btb last year to see about a 172 system joe knows his sh*t but 2k for an engine back !

Sorry whats "BTB"?

Clio 172 mk2
16v_jon said:
£500 for a BTB exhaust is a good deal. when you look at a k-tec system or magnex system check out the welds they are sh*te. for £150 more you could have a quality system but 99% of users wont shed that much on a clio. went down to btb last year to see about a 172 system joe knows his sh*t but 2k for an engine back !

I wouldn't say the welds are s**t....just not as good as some...besides, if your paying £300 for a system that isn't going to be seen does it really matter that much?

I definately won't buy another Magnex....the one I had weighed a ton!

clio 200 F4Rt
i guess it just boils down to the age old saying....

you pay peanuts, you get monkeys.

Its intersteing to see such a mix of opinions. Some, like myself are happy to pay good money, for quality prodcuts. Whereas some are happy to spend little for thier needs (more sound etc).

To say its a clio and not a ferrari seems a bit pathetic. I bought my clio on the fact that its regarded as one of the best, if not THE best hot hatch ever. Of current times at very least.

I could of gone for a Scooby, i could of maybe stetched a bit further and got something more 'exotic', but i didnt, as i like my hot hatches, especially if thier french.

Also, coming from the saxo world, i am used to pure enthusiasts. People spending 4k on supercharger conversions, 3.5k on throttle bodiy setups etc, on cars that are worth 4-5k at tops.

at the end of the day, you choose to spend your money on what you like, and some of us are here to help advise those that want to spend a little more to get the best!

fmp_ said:
i guess it just boils down to the age old saying....

you pay peanuts, you get monkeys.

Its intersteing to see such a mix of opinions. Some, like myself are happy to pay good money, for quality prodcuts. Whereas some are happy to spend little for thier needs (more sound etc).

To say its a clio and not a ferrari seems a bit pathetic. I bought my clio on the fact that its regarded as one of the best, if not THE best hot hatch ever. Of current times at very least.

I could of gone for a Scooby, i could of maybe stetched a bit further and got something more 'exotic', but i didnt, as i like my hot hatches, especially if thier french.

Also, coming from the saxo world, i am used to pure enthusiasts. People spending 4k on supercharger conversions, 3.5k on throttle bodiy setups etc, on cars that are worth 4-5k at tops.

at the end of the day, you choose to spend your money on what you like, and some of us are here to help advise those that want to spend a little more to get the best!

I completely agree.

I am always dissapointed by the lack of choice in tuning parts for clios. Nice to see shed motorsport and all the others providing parts for owners that are into tuning there cars.

Hope the Milltek exhaust turns out well by the way.

golf r32 dsg
i received a email today,

wait for it ..

end of october which seems strange....

might as well buy my old prospeed lol!!!

Saxo VTR and clio Trophy
Is there any more news on these, any sort of review from the guy who has one fitted to his 182? Any news on the price of the system? I've seen the pics and vids on the website an im interested, it looks and sounds good imo.

GFK

182 cup
Mate, we're waiting on a price for the zorst in Aussie too. Maybe your cricket team can bring some over when they bring our ashes back?