ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 GR N ECU reflash

MKIII 138

nice, can this be done on a 172cup ? and is it better to have any mods involved or can this be a good thing to do without mods.

cost ??

btw does that knacker the engine up near 8k RPM ?

Quote: Originally posted by meggerman on 03 September 2005

<SCRIPT language=javascript> nice, can this be done on a 172cup ? and is it better to have any mods involved or can this be a good thing to do without mods.

cost ??

btw does that knacker the engine up near 8k RPM ?
7800 rpm

And If your car is cold youve just started it then it feels a litte bit strange like its stumbling foward, the reflash also takes that problem away (dont mind my bad english)

Inferno 182 w/ Recaros ;)

but is it dangerous to hte engine ? surley the limiters are safeguards.

if you mean is it dangerous to hit the limiter, then no it isnt, the limiter is there so that you dont go over the amount of revs that the limiter is set at, anything up to and including that is fine for short amount of periods.

if you mean that this reflash removes the 7250rpm limiter to 7800rpm then i dont know, i doubt they would have done it if it was dangerous

Octy vRS & Ninja 650

So its 100 euros for it to be done (about 70 quid) then? How long would the chip be gone for? And it has to be sent to Holland? How much would postage be to there?

Or its 220 euros (£150) for a whole new chip?

The deposits quite alot for a loaned chip though, how would you get ur original chip out to send away etc? Is it a garage job?

Mike

[Edited by Mike-bham on 03 September 2005 at 6:06pm]

MKIII 138

Quote: Originally posted by polarbert on 03 September 2005

if you mean is it dangerous to hit the limiter, then no it isnt, the limiter is there so that you dont go over the amount of revs that the limiter is set at, anything up to and including that is fine for short amount of periods.

if you mean that this reflash removes the 7250rpm limiter to 7800rpm then i dont know, i doubt they would have done it if it was dangerous
like they care

My 182Cup starts to feel a bit harsh at 7250...almost like a vibration. I often take it to 7k, but I feel the engine doesnt have much more to give beyond this. Perhaps the remap changes this, but I suspect the new limit is a gimmick that doesnt actually increase power at all. I dont know the merits of the remap as a whole, but Im unsure of the new rev limit byond it being just a feature.

VaVa

Surely it would allow you to hang on to a certain gear longer between bends etc..... getting rid of the need to change up for two secs and back down again....

The limiters are the safe limiters. There always inbuilt spare strenght in engines.

The R -sport ecu whihc is a popular modification on here gives you an 8k redline. Yozzas car survived for 80k of very hard driving an 25 track days before the engine gave way (its not know if the 8k redline was the main reason for its death).

It wont give you any more power the extra revs but its often handy on the track.

Lionel Richie

na the R-sport wasnt the cause edde, it was a bottom end bearing failure

7.8K redline improves drivability SO much!!

You can also read on the site of BBperformance that they have been working on the development of the reflash for the 172 turbo, and they are also are working with MB car performance what also is a Dutch (Netherlands) company.

And about the rev limiter i think it cant do no harm to the enigine, also the old F7P engine from the clio 16V it can turn 8200 rpm max.