ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 handbrake cable

So last week I think mine snapped... My brake that was excellent, now points vertically in the air but does still hold the car.

i have searched around and it looks as if one cable has gone only.

i found plenty of threads, but nothing that really points me in the right direction, what I really want is some pictures or diagrams of exactly where the cable runs, and where I should be looking to heck for breaks.

I probably will fix myself, if I can find instructions, even renault won't quote me on changing as they state it could be calipers or god knows what else so they will not do a fixed price.

can anyone post up pics or diagrams?????

172 Cup
Mine snapped where the steel wire connects to the lever at the brake, its exposed and mine was all rusted, that would be the first thing I would check. They both run to a central point under the car where they can equally be tightened.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
It runs up the centre of the car above the heat shield of the exhaust.

Handbrake.gif

Ahh that's great, thanks guys.. Ed55j, that's could be exactly where mine went, it was a Big Bang when it broke and it sounded as if had come from around there as well.

ok, now I can see where to start.

thanks again