ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 high pitched "scream" at 100mph

Monaco Blue Mk2
Think it was Bubbles that posted about this a bit ago. She was trying to get it fixed under warrenty. Think it was possibly the windscreen.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
mine starts to do it at about they speeds to, think its somthing to do with the hole under the drivers wingmirror (same as where the temp sensor is on hte passengers side)

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Yeah, I used to have this in my 182.

Remember when it happened for the 1st time I cacked myself.............then I realised I was driving a Renault and it all seemed to make sense.

One of those things you just gotta live with I think.

V6 255, 172's, JCW,
Have this with my 182... there's a few threads about this on here.. seems to be cured by having the windscreen re-fitted. Really annoying noise!!

106 GTi
Worth doing a search a few ideas have been thrown around, mine seem to vary the speed wise depending how windy it is. I think it is the windscreen on mine to.

K20 EG Hatch
FFS, renault quality strikes again.

Well i cant be arsed to get the screen refitted and there not gonna do it under warranty are they now. How often do i really do over a ton anyway...

Lee

BMW M2C
I had one that sounded more like an electronic noise in my 182. That wasn't until I was maxed out in 5th!!!With Roamer flying past me. lol

I only ever heard it twice. The Trophy doesn't do it, that's for sure.

Freds interior light in his 1.2 used to come on when he cleared a ton.

K20 EG Hatch
Lee mine sounds electrical too, at first i thought it was like a warning buzzer or something but obviously not. :(

Lee

BMW M2C
That's what I thought, it scared the s**t out of me, my first thought was it's a police siren, then realised there's no way they could be keeping up with is. lol

Tesla MP3 2021
i sometimes get a high pitched noise but its when im doing 120 - 130 mph (in my private runway;)

ClioSport 182
Martin_89 said:
mine starts to do it at about they speeds to, think its somthing to do with the hole under the drivers wingmirror (same as where the temp sensor is on hte passengers side)

I had that too on my 182 and it was the hole under the wing mirror which appears to be a common problem. Easy to test, just tape over the hole with masking tape or whatever and then go back out on your private runway and see if it happens again.

KnightAzul

Black Gold 182 (Cup Pack)
This happens on mine, it almost sounds like air is being forced into thge air vents, and it sonds electical, like a buzzing. ANyone evr had it fixed under waranty?