ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 high speed warning noise!!!

dk

911 GTS Cab

Quote: Originally posted by toonboy on 08 September 2004

why do some people come up with such fantasy figures like they are still in the playground. 148 in a 182 and 130 with some still left in a 1.6 bloody saxo. Get yer speedo checked if you really saw these numbers.
its not that far fetched, a 182 does 139, on the speedo it would be able to go up about 148 as te speedo will be out.

I had a 1.6 106 GTi and managed 130-135 (speedo showing, not gps speed) with 4 people in, FACT

so not so pie in the sky although i doubt the 182 had anything left in it.

why do some people come up with such fantasy figures like they are still in the playground. 148 in a 182 and 130 with some still left in a 1.6 bloody saxo. Get yer speedo checked if you really saw these numbers.
Well, I defo have had mine tested to 148 (gps data logged) so no telling me what mine can do matey - and I have some left to go, I still estimate that mine is good for about 153.

Lee

BMW M2C

What are you going on about?

I commented it was the speedo reading, so therefore not accurate, obviously I wasnt looking at my b2 as my mind was on other things so its more likely that I was actually doing 130-135.

Up to roughly 100mph a car speedo is usually out by around 3mph, once you clear 100 that increases by a fairly large amount.
Anyway, its the beep I want to know about. LOL

Audi A6 (S3 on order)

Well I wondered what you were going on about until I went for a hack about earlier today. Got to about 125 and heard a funny noise from passenger side of the car ..... old fashioned car horn would be the best description for what I heard.

Strange.

(had an M3 convertable behind me at the time)

ClioSport 182

Sorry to revive an old topic but just last weekend I also heard the "warning noise" at 200 kmph (Spanish 182!) - it was two strained beeps coming from the console area. This was the first time that I had heard it, having done over 200 quite a few times before this with no beeps.

Did anyone finally get an answer on this one?

KnightAzul

my 225 did this

after one of the lads in the workshop at the dealership decided to play a joke!!! NOT FUNNY

anyway - its an overspeed warning - only prob is you have to have a nice renault dealer to turn it off as some get a bit touchy when they ask at what speed it comes on

but you can turn it of with one click of the mouse!

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Is it just me or does it seem a bit stupid to put a loud buzzer that comes on at 140 !! lol.. there your are taking a wide bend at 140 then next thing you know your looking for whats beeping in your car... smash !!

Lee

BMW M2C

Maybe Ill mention it next time it goes in.

Thanks, glad Im not going mad and hearing things.

yeah because im sure you want a renault monkey driving it at 140mph to replicate the fault, lol. thats if they dont refuse to drive it at that speed of course.

Lee

BMW M2C

Peugeot refused to replicate a wheel wobble my old GTi-6 had because it didnt happen until over the national speed limit.

we have a policy normally of if its over the speed limit then "yes sir we can look into that but you will have to take the technician out in the car with you as we are not going to ask him to break the speed limit to replicate the fault" because of course technicians always stick to the limit on road test :confused:

ClioSport 182

Quote: Originally posted by KDF on 18 October 2004

Is it just me or does it seem a bit stupid to put a loud buzzer that comes on at 140 !! lol.. there your are taking a wide bend at 140 then next thing you know your looking for whats beeping in your car... smash !!
Scared me silly when I heard it. My first thought was that I was going to have a blowout on front passenger side tyre ... dont know why really ... it seemed like the noise was eminating from there. However, the reflex reaction was, of course, foot off the accelerator.

Will have a chat to the Renault monkeys and watch them scratch their heads ...

KnightAzul