ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 high speed warning noise!!!

Lee

BMW M2C

I dont think this has been posted before, but have any other 182 owners noticed an alarm noise from the car when you hit roughly 140mph as indicated on the cars speedo?

It sounded a little like the buzzer that goes off when you leave your headlamps on, although mine doesnt actually seem to work!!

i tend to find i get to 140 and my ring piece starts twitching and telling me ive managed to get away with no points so far so maybe its best to back off a bit and not earn myself a ban lol

ex Clio 172 owner :(

Quote: Originally posted by Loony on 05 September 2004

i tend to find i get to 140 and my ring piece starts twitching and telling me ive managed to get away with no points so far so maybe its best to back off a bit and not earn myself a ban lol
Yeah but once you hit 110 you may as well just go for it...

Ive gotten 130 out my vts and still had more, not bad for a 1.6.

Amazingly I once hit 120 with my lass sitting next to me, she normally cries at 75.

130i, 306 hdi, vrs

I had this on my 172,took it to my friend who works at romford renault he pluged his laptop it to a port under my ash tray and got it turned off , he said u can also turn other things off i.e auto lights , seatbelt warning noise and so on .

VaVa

Never heard it in my 172. I did the top speed run once, but Im never doing it again. Cant say I felt comfortable, and neither did the car. A bit hairy to say the least!!

Lee

BMW M2C

Guys, this is not a discusion about where or when this happened. I just want to know as I have track time coming up in a few weeks and wondered what it was.

BTW: I had track time at Silverstone yesterday. Great fun and no warning lights no matter how hard I cornered.

E55, KitCar & '85 Quattro

Quote: Originally posted by geoff_clio182 on 05 September 2004

Lee - I get that all the time. Have no idea what it is though.
:eek:- how fast do u drive! lol

Lee

BMW M2C

Lee - I get that but not all the time. Have no idea what it is though.
Either you are a maniac Geoff ;)or its related to something else?

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Never had this.

I hit the limiter in 5th no buzzing noise.

Lee

BMW M2C

Looks like Ill have to wait a couple of weeks and see if I can replicate it, without ending up in a gravel trap of course.

Silver Fabia vRS

Quote: Originally posted by Lee M on 06 September 2004

Lee - I get that but not all the time. Have no idea what it is though.
Either you are a maniac Geoff ;)or its related to something else?
Me a maniac.....just ask Steve what happened coming back from the Bedford meet with him in the passenger seat!

I like my license too much to do that, however 125 is fun on the dual carriageway nr chippenham goin to the M4, jct 17, ran out of STRAIGHT road though......

Has anyone ever been pulled for being to loud early in the morning. I have, well annoying, wasnt speeding or nuffin!

dk

911 GTS Cab

i havent got up to those speeds wither, the best I have got is 120 on the 1km straight at bedford Autodrome, I doubt you will be able to go much faster than that at Spa Lee, takes a while to wind up past that.

Save it for the German Autobahn on the way to Nurburgring!

Oh and this thread is well funny!

RX-8

I get a very strange whirring noise over about 120 bit like if you get a leaf stuck in you ventilation system bloody annoying!

V6 255, 172's, JCW,

Quote: Originally posted by Lee M on 05 September 2004

I dont think this has been posted before, but have any other 182 owners noticed an alarm noise from the car when you hit roughly 140mph as indicated on the cars speedo?

It sounded a little like the buzzer that goes off when you leave your headlamps on, although mine doesnt actually seem to work!!

Hi Lee.. i get this noise too! Real annoyn Starts at 120 on mine. Noticed it at Bedford autodrome at the track day.;) Have you enquired about it wit Renault yet?

Lee - speak to Has, he has borrowed his dads fancy lil computer thing that you can plug not the ECU and alter things :devilish:

Lee,

Have heard this noise once at about 130, dont make a habit of doing more than a ton as i commute 90 miles a day and dont fancy the train.

Thought it was just the vent making a noise or something but definately was a buzzer of some sort coming from down by the aircon controls.

At the time, the car was only a couple of months old and I just though I had scared it.

why do some people come up with such fantasy figures like they are still in the playground. 148 in a 182 and 130 with some still left in a 1.6 bloody saxo. Get yer speedo checked if you really saw these numbers.