ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 is back in for more warranty repairs!

My 8 week old Clio 182 is back in the dealers again this morning.

Driving home last night I realised that my headlights had stopped working. My side lights were still working as were my full beam and spot lights.

So repairs to date are as follows:

1. ESP, ABS and service lights coming on intermitently

2. Headlights autoadjustment was faulty

3. Tracking was out when car was collected

4. Tracking is still out now (sterring wheel is ever so slightly to the left when driving straight

5. And now - now headlights

Where will it all end - is this poor reliability likely to continue!!!

I had a Subaru WRX for two years and never had a single problem, it never even used a drop of oil. Bloody Renault!

I have now just spoken to the dealer and:

They have located the problem - faulty wiring!

They are unlikely to have the car repaired today and guess what there are no courtesy car available. They will let me have the car back but they dont advice me to us it. Thats great - looks like I will finishing work early to drive home in the light!

They say they will not have a courtesy car available until next week. Where do you think I stand legally on this?

Thanks

what do you mean legally?

if you mean courtesy car they are not obliged to give you one.

re the lights they have advised you not to use them, re the wiring they are going to fix it so all in all there is not much wrong from a legal perspective imo

its just v fn annoying.... trust me ive been there with renault!

dk

911 GTS Cab

Quote: Originally posted by scooby on 17 December 2004

I have now just spoken to the dealer and:

They have located the problem - faulty wiring!

They are unlikely to have the car repaired today and guess what there are no courtesy car available. They will let me have the car back but they dont advice me to us it. Thats great - looks like I will finishing work early to drive home in the light!

They say they will not have a courtesy car available until next week. Where do you think I stand legally on this?

Thanks
if they have no courtesy car they can ring Renault head office and they will authorise the hire of a car for you, dealer should know this as it has been mentioned a few times on here about it.

Thanks guys - the hire car or the case of beer seem the best options!

Fingers crossed the car will be ready this afternoon

You are not alone, my sis has just sent her 182 back again...all the electrics have failed for the second time..its already had a new dash instrument panel, which set her mileage back to zero...:confused:

Hi, my 182 is only one month old!!

1300 miles on the clock, been into NESS MOTORS INVERNESS 3 Times , pulling to the right.

They told me that there was no fault after having the car for 3 days!!!

Tyre pressures were as per the manual when I handed it in, 30 back 33 front, when I got it back the fault had gone!!

But the pressures were 34 .5 back . 30 front.

Dirty f~~kers

Obviously they adjusted the pressures to counteract the fault.

Disgusting.

What can I do?

Totally fed up now, had the car one month ...

Finally got the car back today. I now have headlights and fingers crossed I will not be returning to the dealership until the 12,000 mile service. If it goes back again I will ask for my money back!

One thing I did notice the brakes on the Clio seem crap compared to the Megane 1.5 diesel they loaned me.

Thanks for the feedback

Brakes: they need warming up after a few hard stops they will be great. in the summer you wont need to do this they will be spot on all the time

Ford Fiesta

the mags say the brakes are some of the bets around.

highlander go back and tell them that you are not prepared to have a fault corrected by using the wrong pressures.

BMW 120i Sport

My ABS/TC and service light all came on today on the motorway. After I turned the ignition off and on when I parked up it was fine.

Hope its not the shape of things to come.