ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 itb`s, who do people prefer and make?

Karting used to be worse , but nice to setup as its there and then , but good setting up a car is so much easier , as the way you combed you hair ,and if there was an r in the month affects Kart setup,

or the drivers who you ask what the car/kart is doing and they say yeah feels good , ..... so you ask where we are loosing time , and they then say i can't get that corner this corner and that corner right ....... 40 minutes of disection and you work out that what you wantted to here was its understeering on the fast corners ............ this is always worse when there is no wall nearby to bang your head against !!

there are days its needed ,

anyway setup is easy ...... slam it to the floor , fit spacers , and away you go ....."YO"

ripp

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FFAT
Have a look on ktec site they have a fitting guide on the diy body kit. its incredibly easy to fit. Save yourself a few hundred on fitting and get more mapping time :)
In part 4 of the guide at 4:02 they use a tool for balancing the bodies. How much does it cost and where can you find it?

itb182, 621bhp scoob
i think your on about a syncrometer, get them from ktec, demon tweeks, ebay etc for about 40 quid delivered mate

ripp

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FFAT
I was also thinking of doing them myself (not being able to get them done at k-tec or others since I'm not from the UK) and was curious what tools I'll be needing and how much will they cost.
thanks!

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
Waste of money mate supercharge or turbo it for the same price and a huge amount of power diffrence im running near ITB power at the fraction of the cost 4K for 210 BHP is not worth it

Evo 5 RS
typical pub talk response.

Nothing wrong with FI but it's a totally different kettle. You can't sell a conversion on a dyno printout

172 Race Car
Headline figures are not what its about. A 195bhp Clio on stock manifold vs a 195bhp Clio on throttles. No contest.

Having owned and/or driven pretty much all NA configurations/options

Mec 350 slk manual
Dan
I running 190 bhp with the 438 cams how much more could I get with a gen 90 and itb
Thanks

Evo
Waste of money mate supercharge or turbo it for the same price and a huge amount of power diffrence im running near ITB power at the fraction of the cost 4K for 210 BHP is not worth it

How can you say that if you havent even been in an ITB'd car on the road let alone raced one around a track? The throttle response and mid range torque with massively high rpm power all make for an amazing drive. Not to mention the noise they make will always better the sound of a dyson under the bonnet. shame on you...

Evo 5 RS
Because he's got cams with a reasonable peak figure i.e cannot see the justification in ITBS for an extra 10bhp.

When the reality is his car drives half as well as a proper throttle bodied car. I would never own an NA mk2 on standard inlet now tbh

itb182, 621bhp scoob
I dont regret fitting them now, the mid range torque is far more instant than standard, im now pulling 145 ft/lb at 2700rpm right up to 167ft/lb, should drive better on track now plus i love the noise

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
Dan
I running 190 bhp with the 438 cams how much more could I get with a gen 90 and itb
Thanks

peak figures tell you very little. you'll probably see 30bhp gains at some parts of the rev range, but most likely 15bhp at the top. Torque curve will be loads different too.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
Because he's got cams with a reasonable peak figure i.e cannot see the justification in ITBS for an extra 10bhp.

When the reality is his car drives half as well as a proper throttle bodied car. I would never own an NA mk2 on standard inlet now tbh

I would. You should try a 438 car, they're really quite satisfying.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1

For straightline speed that is absolutely the case without doubt.
On a twisty track though where you spend relatively little time at full throttle even with only 210bhp obviously the extra power is less useful, so it's horses for courses really.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
6642_440095929377567_1937322143_n.jpg

That's how throttle bodies and cams is done right ;)

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
6642_440095929377567_1937322143_n.jpg

That's how throttle bodies and cams is done right ;)

Nice result but compare it to a t urbo conversion for the same money:
mwm-low-boost.jpg

It's not even half the gains in power and a quarter of the gains in torque.

and tbh I hadn't even totally finished the map when it went on for that graph, it was just a "lets see where we are at so far" printout.

ph1 172
Nice result but compare it to a low pressure turbo conversion for the same money:
mwm-low-boost.jpg

and tbh I hadn't even totally finished the map when it went on for that graph, it was just a "lets see where we are at so far" printout.

...but look at your conrod ;)

ph1 172
That was only after running twice the boost that it had for that graph mate. As per how it was for that graph the standard rods should cope just fine.

I was only pulling your leg Chip. Just out of interest what rod/piston combination would you recommend?

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I was only pulling your leg Chip. Just out of interest what rod/piston combination would you recommend?

Depends what you are after power wise. If its just the normal 3-500 then the wossner ones people like ED and PEC sell are fine and are good value.
If going nuts, I would go for arrow rods and crank and some arias or cp pistons.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1

and there was me thinking this was a throttle body thread.....?

there's no getting round an attention seeking troll

I dont think guigsy was attention seeking or trolling when he suggested turbo or supercharger instead, I think he was trying to be helpful by suggesting other options, and he certainly has a point in terms of the extra power they will get you for the same money.

Nice result but compare it to a turbo conversion for the same money: picture

Bringing turbo talk into a itb thread nice...