ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 just broke down help needed :(

Za**** & Xr250R
I've just been driving along and the engine cut out followed by the engine managment light comming on and the smell of eggs now the starting motor is turning but the engine isn't i've checked the cam belt that's all in tact no oil loss or water loss has anyone got an idea of what it could be ???

thank's

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Maybe try disconnecting the battery for a bit and reconnecting it? I'm not sure what it will fix but worth the try

ph1-172
could be the starter solenoid *sp* if its not even getting to the flywheel or does it sound like grinding?

Za**** & Xr250R
could be the starter solenoid *sp* if its not even getting to the flywheel or does it sound like grinding?

It sound's like the starter motor is working but not turning the engine over it doesnt feel or sound like grinding though.

BMW E92 320D
When you tried bump starting it, did you make sure you disengaged the immobiliser with the key? Maybe a good idea to lock the car, unlock it and then bump start it asap.

Hope this helps!