ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 manifold and decat fitted to the ph1, now a few running issues, ideas welcomed!

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Hi all, after snapping my double barrel cat on the quarter mile a while back I decided to bit the bullet and do the job 'properly' or as properly as I'm capable of anyway ;)

Swapping it all over was a mild pain in the arse but done worse jobs on a car and the thought of the power increase was a nice incentive.

However since putting it all back together I've had a few issues.

Firstly I ran it with both lambdas plugged in, the EML came on instantly and it went into limp mode before getting out of the street!

So unplugged the rear lambda and now the EML (3codes) comes on sometimes, sometimes I'm able to delete it with my code reader and sometimes it wont let me. The problem is that when cold it misfires like a b*****d just below 3k. Can get round this problem by waiting for a minute before driving but as I never used to have to I dont see why I should now.

More annoyingly there's a fairly noticeable flatspot around 3k when warm, it doesn't spin round to 7k as well as it did and according to the RR (I know they aren't gospel) I've lost 6bhp from my previous setup, 172 manifold, pattern part cat and ktec stealth. As it stands right now it has the 182 manifold, decat and yozza stealth.

Andyrg is sending me a bung for the rear lambda hole and I'm going to try running that lambda connected but testing fresh air.

Any other ideas?

Cheers
John

clio sport 172
Re: 182 manifold and decat fitted to the ph1, now a few running issues, ideas welcome

maybe you should put the original 182 cat (because you have now the 182 mani) back on and see how it will be.
my case was i made on my 172 a remap with the cat (double barrel) and then after some time i got the decat - car had the flatspot in lower revs and overall the power output was not the same, it got worse, i tested it and the fuel mixture was also leaner with it.
then the cat went back on and the car was again running perfect-much more low down torque and overall power.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Re: 182 manifold and decat fitted to the ph1, now a few running issues, ideas welcome

weird one that, mine was running a same setup bar a k-tec stealth instead of yozza and i was running all lambda sensors fitted and plugged in as standard, sounds like a pre cat sensor issue? is it your one from your 172 that you know is good or the one from the 182 mani if it came with one?

mine used to fly round to the redline as it did on the 172 manifold and had a massive meaty mid range from 3,000 onwords that it didnt previously

53 Clio's & counting

Id hazard a guess at a possible lambda issue mate, i can't have anything to do with the manifold, though i suppose it could benefit from a remap, but if my standard ecu could run my itbs on the standard map, im sure yours would be able to adjust enough as it is.

Id chuck another new lambda in

ITB'd MK1

lambda sensors dislike being removed and refitted. very common time for them to give up the ghost

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep

Must be the lambda on the manifold then, its the one that came with it and is unknown. I had a feeling it was pointing towards it but knowing it would be a pain in the arse I was really hoping it wouldn't be! Cheers all

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep

Just in case anyone is searching and finds this thread mildly useful, a new precat lambda sorted it out.