ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 non cup suspension options

Clio 182
Most threads so far ive checked havent come to any conclusion on what options are available for non cup 182's.

Does anyone know what springs and dampers are suitable. I like the sound of the eibach pro springs but dont know what dampers will best suit these. H&R's are an expensive option but i want comfort as well as handling without the added expense (although i may be persuaded).

Also on the subject of suspension has anyone fitted the whiteline rear anti roll bar. Ive heard second hand that this dramatically improves handling reducing understeer.

I do like my 182's handling at present though feel it could be improved, i hope changing suspension wont affect the cars ability to kick the rear out on roundabouts with a little lift off.

Cheers

Clio 182
HI Obi.
Ive got a full fat clio 182 and have just fitted the proline springs. I am well impressed, as they are designed to be used with origional dampers. There is a member on here that has the whiteline anti roll bars, I dont know how much they cost though :(

Rich :)

tiTTy & SV650
nothing suits it directly if replacing shocks and springs.

You can improve standard ride with eibach springs.

FK or KW coilovers may work as the hub mounts might provide enough camber adjustment. Koni 172 shocks might work with camber correcting bolts.

Koni are developing a kit for the car just now and will be for sale in 5 months.

Clio 182
Rich,

Thanks for replying. The eibach pro springs def sound good and receive good write ups on this site but i feel the car would benefit from new dampers also. Just think if im replacing springs i may as well replace the dampers. How many miles on yours before you put the springs on?

From what ive heard (and this is second hand from a impreza driving friend who has used whiteline parts on his car) that the whiteline rear arb transforms the 182's handling. I know there is a dude from dunfermline on this site that is seling them but im looking for some independant user reviews on it before i consider.

Cheers buddy

Clio 182
Rory,

Good shout fella, i will be interested in that kit when it becomes available though im looking for new suspension for summer. Think it will be available before summer? As your also from scotland think youll understand that (currently pishing outside right now).

Cheers

tiTTy & SV650
lol you got PE2s? rain or shine it handles...

Doubtful before the 5 months to be honest, took them 2 months to tell me that lol

If you want to be a guinea pig try 172 shockers with camber bolts (182 non cup has wider track than a 172 yet uses 172 hubs)

But as I said FK look most likely to fit. It's due to them having a slotted hole for mounting i.e. in built camber adjustment. If this alone isn't enough camber bolts might be enough to make it work.