ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 not starting

Honda & VW
Yesterday me and my Mrs got in her 182 as we were heading out.
Turned it over but it just would not start, we looked at each other as its never missed a beat until this.

Tried again and again but nothing, the battery must be fine as the head unit works no problem and all necessary lights come on when the ignition is on.

Plenty of fuel in there, and the pump sounds so i think that can be ruled out.

i started thinking perhaps spark plugs but then when we got out and locked it the alarm sounded 3 beeps, we unlocked/unarmed it then set it again - this time no beep.

Tried again today and each time its locked using the fob it beeps but every second time is fine.

thoughts?????

Honda & VW
Well decided to call out Green Flag as me and my Mrs both have home start so seemed daft not to use them.
Matey checked it all over and reckons its the coil pack.

Do i just need to get the coil pack or will i need anything else also i.e. new leads etc?

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
No just the coil pack, its around £50 from Eurocarparts, and easy to fit, should take you about 5min or less,

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
novice, all thats holding the coilpack in place is 4x 10mm bolts, remove them unplug the coilpack fit new coilpack, bolt and job done, the leads need to go exactly how they came off though,,

172 cup
i had the exact same problem last night but with my 172 cup, after 3 or 4 times of locking and unlocking, the beeping has gone away now. dont know what it is or what causes it though?

Honda & VW
long story short, its now working.
We took the TDC sensor off to give it a clean, to be honest it had next to no dirt or grime on it but wiped it down anyway.
low and behold when put back on it fired up first time, happy man i am!

thanks for everyones help with this.