ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 road / track project!

got myself a bog standard 05 plate titanium 182 in swap for my old astra coupe, have the intentions of turning it into a fast road / track car! hadn't really been cleaned and looked after that well, few minor scratches door dinks etc so 1st job was a full detail and compound, now just have the interior left to do! heres how it looks now:
Image125.gif

Image126.gif

meaznsam.gif

Image131.gif

Image130.gif

have already got a set of pro race 2's in black to go on, samco coolant hose kit in blue and a bmc cda. am trying to concentrate on performance 1st, then the exterior then when i dont need it every day stripping it:evil:
cheers for looking guys!

White Clio 1.2 @ 172
Nice Project, is it me or does it look like diffrent colour front end on the 1st photo?

The door and the arches don't seem to match.

same story as with all silver 172/182's the arches being plastic take a different colour when sprayed to the doors. all the same.

be a nice a project, is a tidy lookin car. keep us updated mate

dirty2.gif

dirty.gif

couple of pics with track wheels on, car is absolutely filthy good old back lanes:)did notice as soon as i put them on car looks bloody high! only on as im going to refurb the standard cup pack wheels over the winter! ordered janspeed de-cat & cat back yesterday, getting there slowly!

Striped track ****
rob

i didnt no you had got this

havent seen it ouside your house will have to come have alook

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Looked exactly the same as mine did about 3 months ago mate, I'm doing a pretty similar thing to you! Got myself H&R's, lightweight 15's, stripped, brake upgrade, and the car is amazing!
Keep it updated!

my day is sorted - give her a clean in the morning, put cliosport sticker in back window, sport decals on the wheels, fit the bmc and take some pictures of the freshly fitted janspeed:)sounds really nice and has made a hell of a difference! and also ordered my coilovers today fed up of looking at it sitting so high! ive gone a bit different and gone for gaz, any opinions?!

Last edited:
update - after renault pulling my pants down over my cv joint (only a shaft no cv seperately, £200 quid!!!), have gaz coilovers waiting to go on, and am going to jam-sport saturday to get my inlets matched and get the car re-mapped! will let you know the outcome! and have also bought a corbeau revolution, cant get used to driving in a normal seat again lol!

i am being a lazy feck atm, car is minging dirty, coilovers and bushes just sitting in my room need to get them on:(should hopefully be on this week and have a clean at some point, so will get a few pics and show off the nice new carbon diamonds(thanks tonyt)as well! and it made 183 bhp atf today at jamsport:)

have finally done a bit more, working round the weather is a mare, and also getting time off work! have managed to fit coilies, 195/45/16 yoko s drives, powerflex bushes, ordered strut braces and got a steering wheel boss! looks a million times better now its lower, just waiting for a few more bits to turn up and really start making it different:)

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Theres a bit of a difference betweenwashing it and turning up looking like the local Pizza delivery boy!!

hq3-4.jpg

lol at the man love! it needed a wash it cant be a track **** yet i still have to use it every day:(got my nice corbeau revolution turn up today though, will get that in soon as hating standard drivers seat lol!