ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 rs tuner/cruise control Problem

Black n gold 182 cup
Used my rs tuner the other week all hunky dory did the rst file and the cal, then the other day was pushing it hard and I hit the rev limiter @ 6800 rpm, thought that was strange as when I did the rs tuner I did the graph and it went to 7800rpm I checked! At the same time as the lowered rev limit, the cruise control is not working! I turned the car off started it again, cruise control works and the rev limit is back up to 7800, anybody got any ideas on why this is happening, it has happened a few times now!

Thanks

172 Cup
My car revs to 7500 after the mapping with the RSTuner though only when the engine is properly hot. Before reaching temp it revs to 6800 rpm. As for the cruise control I think you need to get a fix from Henk for this. :)

Black n gold 182 cup
It works on and off it's very strange and there should be no reason for it to be happening! I think I'll have to speak to henk too!

172 cup
my friend i work with has a fault with his cruise controle too lads its one of the sensor for it which stops it working then it works when it feels like it lol

Matty

Black n gold 182 cup
Thought when the cruise control stopped working the rev limited went to 6800 not the case working fine but the rev limiter is still coming in at 6800 anyone got any ideas?

Black n gold 182 cup
Re: 182 rs tuner/cruise control Rev limiter problem

Mine is more the rev limiter as the problem as I installed the rs tuner the cal file and rst and doesn't seem to be working wondered if anybody had had this problem before?

Last edited:
When RSTuner remapping a 182 with cruise control the rocker switch must be set to the off position between the cruise control and the speed limiter. If mapped when it is left on (even it is cancelled from the steering wheel so there is not light on the dash) you will get problems like you are experiencing.

If you have made this mistake you memory will need flashing = £££

My car revs to 7500 after the mapping with the RSTuner though only when the engine is properly hot. Before reaching temp it revs to 6800 rpm. As for the cruise control I think you need to get a fix from Henk for this. :)

This is normal, its a safe limiter for the engine when cold, once the water temp reaches a certain level it raises the limiter. Don't rag an RS from cold.