ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 stolen!!! Help!!!!

Ad

MK2 FRS
GuyS said:
bucket seats? harnesses? loud exhaust?

^^Yeh they are main features.

14days is not to bad then! tbh, thought id be lookin at the end of jan for a payout. will be a good time in the lead upto the new reg.

I think it wil be on false plates as well. They seem to have been very organised!! I think its probably well away. The fact that there was three, and a non local accent identified.

Would just like to say thanks to everyone who has put the details around the net it is much appreciated.

Mondeo STTDCI
Probably in a container somewhere. IMHO it will have been circulated straight away, on PNC within an hour hopefully.

But after that......

Bus w**ker
Real shitter that and unfortunately it's becoming more and more common.

I've got a Clifford Concept 600 on my Astra, that comes standard with Blackjax. Personally I know of 3 ways to get around Blackjax...and well if I know them I'm pretty sure the career criminals will know more. Don't get me wrong though I wouldn't have a car with out it any more.

Like someone said previously the only way forward now is a tracker, should give you an insurance discount too with most companies.

Hope you get a good payout.

Sy

clio 182 black /gold
Hi Adam im gutted to hear about that. I have posted this in corsa sport. There a lot people from wigan go on the forum. Lee

Ad

MK2 FRS
ben_p said:
how did they get in the back ad?

un-locked door bud, sounds silly, but never really had issues before. All curtains where shut, so couldnt see, dont know how they found keys as they were under a bag away from the door. people are always in and out of the door and we always lock it bout 10pm.

Lesson, for everyone, no matter how good the area you live in, when they come for them they come, just make it as difficult as possible for them. scum of the earth.

Inferno 182 w/ Recaros ;)
Sym0n said:
Like someone said previously the only way forward now is a tracker, Sy

i wouldnt say so exactly, my dad had his mercedes stolen with a tracker and the police couldnt find it!

Ford Fiesta
gunnergibson said:
Bradford have anpr built in to the town centre CCTV... pity the whole of uk didnt follow suit :-|

more than likely get replated to a matching model...so anything on ebay similar colour wipe reg off etc...

Many other towns and cities are also getting it on their cameras, where i work it is being rolled out as we speak..
all helps.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
i NEVER take any chances with my car keys, they are the next thing I take with me after my clothes, I kid not. If I am in my house they are always kept upstairs in the bedroom, all doors to the house are locked at all times. Too much sh*t happens these days, hope you get this all sorted out mate.

Ad

MK2 FRS
lol. The thrid guy ran off (only found this out of two kids who witnessed the own goings) so only two in car. was pretty organised. Must have been another motor in the local area.

Da

Less
keeping my eyes open mate, only over in Burnley so quite local. Gutted for you tho, truely gutted!

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
I had my EVO6 pinched a few years back, Cat1 alarm. RAC trackstar etc they didnt break into the house and it still went...! A neighnour hear it drive off about 4am.. Police were a waste of time, Trackstar people waste of time (never got a signal from the car) and insurance were OK but it took 3 months before they offerred the right price for the car. Never accept the first offer, first offer for me was 16k and eventually 20k

If they really want it they generally get them..!

Ad

MK2 FRS
Im already collecting prices off the web.:dapprove: Lookers have an 04 reg for 12k on there forcourt. more of the same.... :approve: am wanting high elevens for it. Feb 05 car with 10k on clock so was only 9mnths old, but i wanst the first owner.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
gutted for you mate. i was shocked tbh!

looked great with my old seats in it. :)

met you at Lymm services a while back for the Warrington meet. (silver RS-1 with Turinis)

hope the situation gets better asap.

Chris

Silver 182 F/F
adtmits said:
^^Yeh they are main features.

14days is not to bad then! tbh, thought id be lookin at the end of jan for a payout. will be a good time in the lead upto the new reg.

14 day's is when the insurance company agree's that it doesn't look like your getting the car back,so that's when they go into payout mode which will take a month or so i would look at payout in about 7-8 weeks.

When mine got stolen it took 12 weeks before i got delivery of a new car,If i wanted cash payout they where only offering low 10K and mine was only 2 months old and a thousand miles on clock.That was with DirectLine.

I noticed on a earlier thread you mentioned your not the first owner,so i believe new for old only applys to first registered keeper.

RS Megane DCi 175
I've not been online much over the weekend, only just found this thread now!!

I am shocked mate!! Totally!!
I've been around the centre of town all weekend, (not that the numpties who nicked it would keep it in Wigan but) and not seen another 182 on the road.

So you've not heard anything of it then?
Sooo sorry to hear it got nicked, after all that searching as well! Oh well, chance to get something different I guess.

Theiving scumbags!

Ad

MK2 FRS
no news at all. 14 days seems to be the general consensus before they acknowlege its a gonna.

Was yours a 182 that was nicked mate?? There dreamin if they think low 10s for a 182, was bought of reno forecourt so I expect them to pay renault forcourt money!!

Cheers Matt, total shocked. still cant believe it.

RS Megane DCi 175
adtmits said:
They got the sat nav as well matt, in the glove compartment:dapprove:
Crap!
Ah well, I might have some more soon enough - will keep you posted.
;)

Shhh
Were all mods declared on the car.? Is this something to look at if making the claim. If they get it back and the mods are not declared, you could say they modified it for you.. ;)

Ad

MK2 FRS
nah the seats werent declared and the half fitted coilover kit wasnt. Everything else included cup options was declared.

I will try that line if it turns up!!!
If it does the police tell me first anyway.

Silver 182 F/F
Yes mine was a full fat 182.They look at prices from the autotrader and on websites to see what the going rate is.They don't take into consideration dealer retail prices and they want a receipt for the car just to check what you paid .Most insurance companys have got deals going with certain dealers and get good discounts so they would rather source you a car than give a good payout.It took me a week of ranting and raving before they agreed to get me a new motor.

Skoda Fabia vRS
ive just had an idea, the sat nav in your glove box, that works on GPS, which obviously communicates your position constantly to the satellites, see where im going ?!

couldnt you get the manufacturer to possibly bring up the last route used with your unit, did you have to register it, or do you have the serial number for it

2008 Golf GTI Edition 30
adtmits said:
There dreamin if they think low 10s for a 182, was bought of reno forecourt so I expect them to pay renault forcourt money!!

They will pay "Market Value" not inflated dealer prices....

It will be up to you to try and argue the price higher, but tbh the bottom has fallen out of the 182 market so they certainly won't be paying anything above 12k thats for sure.

I would hazard a guess at between 10 and 11 thousand.

Ad

MK2 FRS
Well they will have to pay around the 11 because thats what i paid, have a contact at arnold clark, so can get a letter saying I will be purchase a car through them and what they expect the replacement cost to be. Anthing over 11250 will be fair money.

Ad

MK2 FRS
BRUN said:
ive just had an idea, the sat nav in your glove box, that works on GPS, which obviously communicates your position constantly to the satellites, see where im going ?!

couldnt you get the manufacturer to possibly bring up the last route used with your unit, did you have to register it, or do you have the serial number for it

Not registered it mate as it was second hand....

Cheers for the idea bud.

2008 Golf GTI Edition 30
adtmits said:
Well they will have to pay around the 11 because thats what i paid, have a contact at arnold clark, so can get a letter saying I will be purchase a car through them and what they expect the replacement cost to be. Anthing over 11250 will be fair money.

It's not about what you PAID, it's about what you will pay.

The only way to argue a settlement figure is to provide LOTS of adverts showing cars of a similar age/mileage/spec to yours.

They won't accept one letter from Arnold Clark, exactly because of the reason you've given... a mate could write it saying you needed X amount etc.

Their first port of call will be Glass' guide and CAP guide etc, so see what the trade values are doing.

Maz

LY 200
^^ and print some adverts off the net, that show the same kinda car and the price etc.. thats what I had to do with mine... fight them all the way Adam cause they always try to give you less :)