ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 - The first 16 months or 30K miles

Full Fat 182
Hello there

So last year I got cheesed off with Audi and got rid of the TT and went back to renault and got a 182 in July.

The last renault I had was a 5 Turbo so I have experianced the customer service and it was no surprise that it hasn't changed (CRAP!!)

So the reason for writing this is to tell you what the past 16 month have been like. The car is a 182 Fat with Cup spoiler pack but not the suspension (due to being a planned high miler)

So how do you start a review. Well I thought about doing good and bad.

BAD

The seats are crap. God i wish that the recaros were on the option list when I ordered. How Renault can sell such s**t seats I don't know.

And Why is the passenger seat higher than the drivers????

Coming from Turbo land I have been caught out by the lack of power before 5K.

GOOD

Tyres, I dont treat cars nicely but the clio has managed 29500 miles on its original set of tyres. Well Done!!

Even with Mad caning it still returns 30 MPG

THE BITS THAT HAVE BROKEN!!

So the cost of this Clio, well it has eaten the following

Temp Sensor, It was pissing out Coolent - Warranty item so OK

Rear Drivers Shock. On changing the Tyres and pads it was noticed that I had a moist Shock (ooohh). Our Survay Says "Not after 1 years old Sir says Renault" so a quick £170 for the pair or rears. Gits!!

I havent manged to kirb any of the rims and she polishes up ok.

So from me the clio is fantastic and still makes me smile.

Chris

Anybody else have a high milage 182?

Shhh
chrhodes said:
Why is the passenger seat higher than the drivers????

Tyres, I dont treat cars nicely but the clio has managed 29500 miles on its original set of tyres.

Rear Drivers Shock

Anybody else have a high milage 182?

The driver seat goes up and down...passenger one is not needed too..

Im on my 3rd set of tyres on the front... (michelin exaltos)

I weekly see it as low as 26mpg, your not trying hard enough (maybe the above caused by the same, dont get the nickname 'The Stig' for nothing)

Rear Shock changed on warranty as leaking

Car is on 28k..

Full Fat 182
I phoned up The dealer in Reading and was told to bog off for the shocks as they are only covered for 12 months.

The reason for the tyres lasting is that most of my miles are motorway.

tiTTy & SV650
mines been great, 24k miles - 3 offside rear shocks, brake light switch problem etc etc all warranty. original front tyres lasted me 13k miles, the original rears been on the front since 13k miles so been on the car 24k miles and soon need replaced.

i aint slow by any means either

Megane Mk4
I've not had any probs with mine so far, I've had it since march and done 11.6K already ... just waiting for the service due marker now ....
*looks at fluff in pockets*! lol

still plenty of meat on the tyres but then again I do drive round with the ESP on.
Same here, been known to cane the car on the motorway but I always adjust tyre pressures on the motorway anyhow.. 32Psi on motorway/30 normal - just in case anyones wondering ;)

200 cup (van blanc)
28,000 miles : 18 months
love the car - damage so far
1 set michelins
1 wiper motor
1 windscreen
2 headlight washer jets
2 indicator side repeaters (stolen by s**tbags in Barnsley!)

+ now have exhaust rattle

but i love the car , am going to swap it next year - dont know what for yet

Black/Gold 182
Never sat in a recaro but I love the seats in the 182, never had anything resembling a good seat tho, maybe I haven't got used to anything good

Full Fat 182
Reading the replies i have remembered a few other bits

The Heat Shield was replaced due to a rattle and what had happened was that the bolt holing it on was corroded and broke and the shield got damaged.

Currently the car has new wipers and the plastic wiper cover thing has a hole in it from road debris.

and finially 2 bullet holes in the windscreen which i am going to get it replaced after winter.

chrhodes said:
The last renault I had was a 5 Turbo so I have experianced the customer service and it was no surprise that it hasn't changed (CRAP!!)

I had a 5 turbo followed by a 172 and now a 182. Dealers tend to vary luckily my local ones are very good.

And Why is the passenger seat higher than the drivers????

CD changer under passenger seat plus the fact it doesnt really need to go lower on the passenger side.

Tyres, I dont treat cars nicely but the clio has managed 29500 miles on its original set of tyres. Well Done!!

Sounds like you babied it my fronts last about 6k and thats without any track days/ 1/4 miles. ;)

Try harder ;)

Temp Sensor, It was pissing out Coolent - Warranty item so OK

common problem unfortunately but luckily neither my 172 or 182 have suffered it.

Rear Drivers Shock. On changing the Tyres and pads it was noticed that I had a moist Shock (ooohh). Our Survay Says "Not after 1 years old Sir says Renault" so a quick £170 for the pair or rears. Gits!!

Another common one, i would have pushed the issue and said you would contact customer services in an attempt for some or all of the cost on goodwill.

So from me the clio is fantastic and still makes me smile.

Exactly why im on my second, for the money you cant get a better (new) car.

clio 182 black /gold
Mine knocks on the engine and it has been back a few times and they can not find anything wrong. The wiper came off at 3 hours old. It was flooded under the passenger seat after a week. The alarm was playing up. The air bag light has come on.
The car is 7 months old, so roll on the further faults.

Clio 197
I've got a high-miler: registered Jan 05, and she now sits with 28k on the clock.

Bad:

1) The never-ending temp-sensor problem (it's over now)... I decided to take things into my own hands, and it's fixed!!

2) ECU/Battery holder snapped - fixed with a piece of metal and two screws (Renault couldn't find the bloody part number, tw@ts).

3) Knock on overrun fixed with K-tec bushes and a modification to the engine hanger.

4) Rattle from passenger-side door... probably a side-impact beam.. can't be arsed.

5) Driver's seatbelt no longer re-coils back when I take it off.

6) Std cup suspension used to rub/squeak: Fixed with Eibach Sportlines and ET37 wheels.

7) Piss poor paint which chips so so easily!!

Good:

1) Fairly quick and torquey - better than my first 182.

2) Handles EXTREMELY well...

3) Uses no oil - ever since 24k service, not a drop has been used.

4) Polishes-up ok, (despite the millions of stone-chips).

5) Brakes are pretty damn good (once the pads have been uprated).

6) Interior doesn't look worn at all - cleans up like a brand new car.

PIC:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y201/omarsadek/suleg1.jpg

34k...and okay..

brakes cost too much as do tyres....
and petrol...but cant complain...

plus i got a rear shock replaced on warrenty after 20k...

mines now on 18.5 k 04plate 182

Bad:

1) Rattles from dash and doors and various places

2) Driver's seatbelt has lost abit of its re-coil ability. if its got a slight kink in it it will just hang loose.

3) common alarm fault, one attempt to cure at 12k service, off back in on monday for second attempt

4) Piss poor paint which chips so so easily!!

5) windscreen chips way to easily

6) steering wheel, the leather has gone all funny at the 3 oclock position, its like scrunched up to a 'ridge'

7) got an engine mount gone i think (nasty knocking noise when lifting off)

8) brake light switch needs adjusting

9) drivers side seat release lever was stiff, oiled at 12k service

10) now pass side has gone stiff, hopefully get fixed on monday

11) brakes satrted getting in a scary condition. gonna fit new pads

12) REALLY noisy relays that get very annoying, especially for the wipers in bad rain (98% of english life)

13) runs rough when cold - but so do most cars, just not as severe

Good:

1) Fairly quick

2) Handles ok

3) Uses no oil - ever since 12k service, not a drop has been used.

4) Polishes-up ok, (despite the millions of stone-chips).

5) Brakes are pretty damn good, or was..

6) Interior doesn't look worn at all - apart from drivers seat on right hand side where ya rub when getting in and out.

Clio Sport 182
I have only done just under 10K and its just over 1 year old, it is going into the delear for a couple of faults....

1. I have just noticed the carpet under the passengers foot mat is wet and I must have a leak from underneath somewhere?

2. Speed/cruise control switch keeps flicking off when it's turned on.

3. After locking the car the alarm randomly beeps a couple of times, this happens infrequently

4. The service/ABS light has randomly come on a few times, this is always cured when i turn the ignition off then on

Has anybody else had these faults or can shed any light on them?
I have seen a flooded passengr footwell and faulty alarms mentioned somewhere but I can't find any more info?

Thanks.

the alarm beeping is a common problem, the dealer tried to fix it on my 12k service and didnt, so its off back in on monday for it.

Problem: When locking the vehicle the alarm beeps 2 or 3 times!
Reason: The alarm system has received a signal from the vehicle ECU that the ignition is 'on' causing the alarm to beep. This signal is only received by the alarm for 3 to 4 seconds, after this time has elapsed the alarm stops beeping.

Solution: This problem can only be resolved at your local Renault dealer. Ask the dealer to contact the 'Renault alarm help line' and quote reference 'RS+15', we will then inform them of the modification to be done under warranty.

Please note that this problem will not cause the alarm system to false trigger and is intermittent.

dk

911 GTS Cab
march 04, first racing blue 182 to a customer.

31k, on third set of exaltos and second set of pads after 6 track days and the ring.

had two new windscreens, exhaust adjusted as was too high, engine mount modification for knocking and thats about it really.

Treat em mean, keep em kean!

And I love the standard seats, have no problem with their height and can't really fault anything on the car.