ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Trophy Suspension noise

Clio Trophy
Just started to notice this more recently. It's not really apparent at speed, only occasionally showing itself but at low speed going over speed bumps and the like there's an obvious creak/crash from the front left of the car.

It's definitely the left as I've made sure to go over speed bumps with only one side of the car at a time and the right side is quiet.

That being said, I can't actually notice anything negative in the way the car handles. I only got the car a couple of months ago and the previous owner had the shocks refurbished at Cornering Force last Summer.

I've got the same thing, it just happens on some bumpy roads though and not all of the time. Front N/S too.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
I would also be looking at the following

Top Strut Mounts
Inner ARB Bushes
Outer ARB Bushes
Steering Rack Bushes
Bottom Ball Joint

Clio Trophy
I'll have a look with the wheel off when I get a chance.

Given the sound is a fairly loud creak/crash, is that likely to be indicative if a problem with the shock would you say?

I like to think it's something else given they were only refurbished last Summer.

Disco 5 ,Monaro VXR
Mine did the same, dampers needed refurb and a track rod end needs doing ( as yours as been refurbished id say track rod end)

Clio Trophy
Well it's booked in the garage right after the M5 gets its oil service. Hopefully nothing shock related in the Christmas shopping month...

Clio Trophy
I'll be taking it in later today. If it was to be a damper issue, I have a spare set of cup springs and dampers to put on. Can I get away with just putting them on the front?

Clio Trophy
Mechanic said nothing was obvious so swapped the dampers and springs over but the noise persists- which is good I suppose really! I've suggested the items MarcR mentioned.
There couldn't be anything that would make a higher pitched creak when going over a bump (left wheels only) that wasn't directly linked to the suspension, could there?

Clio Trophy
Turned out to be a polybush that had some movement in it, but not even that much apparently. Replaced both front wishbones to keep them the same across the axle and OEM.