ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Trophy upgrades, NEED HELP IDENTIFYING!!

Clio 182 Trophy
Im pretty new to all this clio stuff so please bear with me as im a bit thick when it comes to cars.

I went to a ford rolling road day to help a good mate make up the numbers and my trophy ran 196BHP. Its a 55 plate and as i understood it completely standard. The place i went too were full of compliments for the car and the engine in particular asking what i had done to it but i haven't touched it, i have only had it serviced.

The only thing i can find is a receipt for a replacement cam belt and it comes too about £900 which think is quite a lot for a belt, correct me if i am wrong.

What sort of upgrades could it have? somebody suggested a re-map but how would i tell?

Thanks

Gareth

Clio 182 Trophy
unless the RR is teling porkies.

It must have cams and a remap really, its the only expenation. Any receipts for parts etc?

I didnt see any but il go through again. So when you say cams would that be the timing belt and the cams? or cam shaft aswell? sorry if thats a thick question.

With regards to the RR people have mentioned that before but everybody there got lower or bang on what they thought they would get and in some cases considerably lower so i dont think it was pushing out false numbers.

M2 Comp
I would take it to another RR tbh, but yeah most probably got wilder cams if the figures are correct!

Clio 182 Trophy
right, i have found the power curve and it is uploading now. I have contacted the previous owner who has said he had it chipped but hasnt as yet said any more than that. Picture to follow

Clio 182 Trophy
have just been told it was chipped (which i am assuming is just another work for remap) by engine dynamics. anybody heard of them?

Clio 182 Trophy
here the graph with all the figures.......

Photo17-03-2012162252HDR.jpg

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Considering clios lose about 17% through the transmission, if your ATW figure is correct, that would indicate a very unhealthy engine - pulling only 150bhp or so ATF!!!!!

Which is awful, suggesting the timing is out? Not sure if u mentioned whether thats been done.

Iirc Engine Dynamics are what used to be BB Performance Tuning. They fell over previously so draw your own conclusions ...