ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Trophy....

GR7

Shiny red R32

As there are only going to be 500 of these limited edition 182 Clio Trophies made, all in Capsicum red, do you think they will become as treasured as the Williams Clio?

I darent ask if it will drive better than the Williams!

Clio v6

Yes just like the Austin Metro 500 limited edition, and the Williams 3 limited edition, emptying the parts stock bins models.

Ziel Nurburgring

Nah, the williams is treasured because it was a massive step forward in hot hatches and still lives upto the label.

The trophy is another Ltd Edition, that will be rare but wont have school kids putting its picture up on bedroom walls

wait for all the williams boys to come out and tell us how sh*t the trophy will be compared to their 10 year old + tweeked valvers ;)

106 GTi

The major point for the Williams was it had more off a selling point over the valver with the larger capacity engine. The trophy has all the same type of changes but really needed an engine upgrade to to give it more off a difference between the 182/cup etc.

Saying that Renault ruined the Williams by then doing a 2 and 3. The trophy will be sought after but dont think it will get the cult like Status the williams has.

VaVa

Quote: Originally posted by Loony on 02 June 2005

wait for all the willaims boys to come out and tell us how sh*t the trophy will be compared to their 10 year old + tweeked valvers ;)
lol. Guess whos back?!!

Williams Schmilliams

different colour to the rest of the range. check

different wheels. check

uprated suspension. check

different interior. check

some rather fetching stickers.check

limited production run.check

obviously nothing like a williams and just another wanky 182 ;)

Polo GTi

Different engine capacity, err no check,oops missed that one off :cool:

I actually like the trophy though, it stands out like the 172 cup does, only Clios I would replace the Willy for.

Dont get me wrong i like the williams alot but i think there are a few guilty parties on both sides that will slate the other down to the ground needlessly. why cant everyone admit both are very good hatches that are capable of pissing off alot faster more expensive machinery especially when a winding a road is thrown in.

Polo GTi

Dont get me wrong i like the williams alot but i think there are a few guilty parties on both sides that will slate the other down to the ground needlessly. why cant everyone admit both are very good hatches that are capable of pissing off alot faster more expensive machinery especially when a winding a road is thrown in.

I do agree fella

i think some of the willy owners forget that something be it a film/actor/piece of music sometimes has to have some time pass since being new to be held up as a cult icon/classic etc so who knows what kind of regard the trophy will be held in in 10 years time. And blink i think sadly schoolkids will have posters of maxxed out sh*tboxes on their walls these days rather than a very good but standard hothatch :cry:

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Personally, it think its going to be a great car.

Nobody seems to get the point of it

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2

*slap*

Harder...
Harder...
HARDER!!

:p

MINI JCW

Quote: Originally posted by Tom on 02 June 2005

Personally, it think its going to be a great car.

Nobody seems to get the point of it

And exactly what is the point of it?

Clio 1.4, SV650S

Its faster than a 182 cup, surely that is the point of the trophy, and seeing that renault have historically had success with hot hatches, 5 turbo, willy etc you cant blame them for fettling an already well recieved car!

Perhaps tiff could beat a CTR now in a trophy!? :devilish:

Quote: Originally posted by entjm on 02 June 2005

Its faster than a 182 cup, surely that is the point of the trophy, and seeing that renault have historically had success with hot hatches, 5 turbo, willy etc you cant blame them for fettling an already well recieved car!

what makes you think its faster

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed

I personally think that the trophy should have been as different to the 182 and 182 cup as the 172 cup was to the original (and MkII 172). 90Kgs lighter, but with the extra 10 horses (at least) and suspension revisions. Why make a car too similar to the others for anything more than a parts bin run out special edition? Im not saying the Trophy is bad, I think its good...its just TOO similar to what is already available (its like a 182 cup with options!)

VaVa

It has bespoke suspension. Not something they found lying around in a parts bin. And I dont think they have too many sets of Recaros lying about either....;)

Its a celebration of one of (if not the) greatest hot hatch of all time. Whats wrong with that? I think its f**king ace.

Clio 1.4, SV650S

Quote: Originally posted by 182_blue on 02 June 2005

on the renault sport website there is a video and the french dude says that the trophy is faster round a track than a 182 cup.

he also talks about the new suspensiona tthe front, changes to the reaction of the rear suspension, new seating position etc.

[Edited by entjm on 02 June 2005 at 1:13pm]

Quote: Originally posted by 182_blue on 02 June 2005

on the renault sport website there is a video and the french dude says that the trophy is faster round a track than a 182 cup.
ahh, you said it was faster, not faster around a track

Embarrassed to say

Fifth gear are a bunch of w**kers. The bird is a munter <a sought of posh pauline fowler except the years have been good to her > and both the blokes are t**sers who cant drive given the experience they had. Reminds me of that show on channel 4 faking it where they took a young waster and tried to turn him into a racing driver except the waster just didnt have the gift like the lads on fifth gear.

Give them a skoda favorite crs, pay them enough and their tell you the skoda favourite crs is the best car in the world bar none. All reno have to do is cough up the readies plus giveaway car to get the fifth gear best of the bunch channel 5 seal of approval.

Ziel Nurburgring

Quote: Originally posted by cupsportmad on 02 June 2005

Fifth gear are a bunch of w**kers. The bird is a munter <a sought of posh pauline fowler except the years have been good to her > and both the blokes are t**sers who cant drive given the experience they had. Reminds me of that show on channel 4 faking it where they took a young waster and tried to turn him into a racing driver except the waster just didnt have the gift like the lads on fifth gear.

Give them a skoda favorite crs, pay them enough and their tell you the skoda favourite crs is the best car in the world bar none. All reno have to do is cough up the readies plus giveaway car to get the fifth gear best of the bunch channel 5 seal of approval.
Where did this little explosion come from? We were discussing the trophy, not car review programs

[Edited by blink172 on 02 June 2005 at 1:28pm]

Ok, just spotted the 1 line hidden joke in the quotes above. lets not start that again......pleaseeeeeeeeee

GR7

Shiny red R32

Quote: Originally posted by TomS on 02 June 2005

Capsicum red? My first car was a Capsicum red mk1 :D

Maybe they are using up old paint, now that we live in the age of recycling most things! ;)

Vee dub

Quote: Originally posted by GR7 on 02 June 2005

Quote: Originally posted by TomS on 02 June 2005

Capsicum red? My first car was a Capsicum red mk1 :D

Maybe they are using up old paint, now that we live in the age of recycling most things! ;)

lol steady, mk1s are still the best! :)

The trophy colour looks slightly darker than my old car though

Tom

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf

The trophy will be good.Very good and will certainly be quicker than a williams round a track

Waits for the bunch of pro drivers who own willys to educate me on "on the limit handling stuff"that makes the willy amaizing

ian