ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 tyre foam

M.C..

ClioSport Club Member

picked up my 182 yesterday and i love it so far, but i was wondering where everybody is putting their cans of foam?

are they just being thrown in the boot or am they being fixed to somthing?

after reading the manual and it says that you cannot go above 28mph with the foam in the tyre (not much good if you get a puncher on a motorway is it)

Astra VXR 17/05/07

I have put mine underneath the passenger seat in the tray along with my owners manual.It all fits nicely and does not move or rattle about.

Astra VXR 17/05/07

Thats right,the holder in the boot has a jack in it !

Try the tray underneath the seat where i keep mine,its perfect if you dont have the changer there.

dk

911 GTS Cab

as i have the multichanger i have no storage under the passenger seat, i have put mine in their leather sleeve and under the cargo net in the boot

Quote: Originally posted by M.C.. on 15 June 2004

picked up my 182 yesterday and i love it so far, but i was wondering where everybody is putting their cans of foam?
Errrm, in the bathroom cabinet? Sorry m8 - couldnt resist ;)

Got an extra document holder (holds manual etc) with mine with the two cans of foam in, fits under the passenger seat in the tray nicely.

Astra VXR 17/05/07

Its crap really that you get 2 cans of foam and nowhere to put them other than what we come up with.There should be somewhere for them.

Boz

Arctic 182

I have a changer, so mine are under the drivers seat, along with my ponsey umbrella!

ClioSport 182

I always buy a sports bag and fill it with the "useful" stuff and fix it to hooks/rings etc in the boot of any car I buy ... works for me. Tyre pump, jack, screw drivers, lamps, jump leads, etc all fit in nicely and it doesnt roll around since it is secured down.

BTW: The foam canisters have been ditched and currently Im am in risk territory if I have a puncture of having to phone the AA. The foam isnt a good solution having a less then perfect success rate and also the tyre cant be fixed professionally after using the foam.

KnightAzul

Ziel Nurburgring

AA dont cover punctures Knight, you might want to be careful! You could always source a steel wheel from a scrappy.....

dk

911 GTS Cab

Quote: Originally posted by blink172 on 16 June 2004

AA dont cover punctures Knight, you might want to be careful! You could always source a steel wheel from a scrappy.....
they do if you pay the extra £50 though, might be worth it, I already have AA cover through Lloyds bank on my account so I am covered for punctures anyway.

I have been told though, that becasue of the tyre speed rating, it is not recommended to repair a damaged tyre anyway so I wouldnt worry about the foam ruining the tyre.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

My manual and my foam both fit snugly under the Drivers seat.

it seems like it was made to fit both

i had a puncture and filled the tyre with the foam, it worked fine and i still had the puncture fixed for a tenner.... the fella got showered in foam and pulled a face but still did it...

the cup cans (2 of) come in a foam holder that velcros to the spare wheel well wall..

Ford Fiesta

yeah I thought they went in the holder which holds 2 cans and velcros to the boot liner somewhere?