ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 vs RS4 Video

Status
Not open for further replies.
  182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
Well decided to take the 182 and the RS4 out to Jebel Hafeet today, probably one of the best roads/ mountains in the whole of the UAE.

Had an absolute blast with both cars, such different styles and feel. It's an hr drive to Al Ain and with de-restricted roads for the most part, I got a chance to really open up the RS4... My god the thing literally takes off. Managed a very healthy 185mph.

I decided to drive the 182 for the very fast run as I'm far more familiar with it than my brother, who is driving the RS4. I only had my K850i to use and it wasn't quite sat high enough but you can clearly see the RS4 infront. Excuse my few comments, I was getting a little excited lol. And to be fair to my brother in the RS4, he hasn't done Jebel Hafeet half as many times as I have, I knew certain corners much better allowing me to really push where he said he was being a little tentative.

Enjoy...!!

th_MOV00172.jpg

182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
Nah that's the 130km/h beep beep on the clio. Factory law thing here. Managed to hit 155km/h on the straight where the RS4 dusted me.

Mini Cooper S
Nah that's the 130km/h beep beep on the clio. Factory law thing here. Managed to hit 155km/h on the straight where the RS4 dusted me.

I love dubai, great place. I see what you mean by the bleepers, all cars have them.

182 ff with cup pack's
i was trying to peer over the dash for a better view looked like a very fun road good vid liked the comments to lol

p.s. send sum of that weather over here plz

182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
It's a drivers road and people are made aware of that before they start the hill climb. That's why there are two lanes going up.

Thankyou for the positive comments.

Last edited by a moderator:

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
I love Dubai's apparent attitude to driving :) That bit on top gear where they just closed a road so May could do 190 in the Bentley Flying Spur heh! RS4s also make me a little bit pert - good work in hanging onto it!

Dan

Fantastic place to drive through with those roads and scenery!

Would love to visit Dubai.

How do you find it price-wise to the UK? Whats the cost of living like over there?

Tangoed Works

How do you find it price-wise to the UK? Whats the cost of living like over there?

Been out there and girlfriends parents live out there. Literally costs f**k all to live on the essentials. 90p a gallon I think and food is stupidly cheap.

182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R

As Jay said, it is so cheap it's not even worth comparing to the UK. Cars are close to 30-40% cheaper and then you have 90p a gallon 98 octane fuel.

I've never lived in a cleaner, safer, better city.

clio 182 + cup packs
speed limits are there for a reason! and this isnt a 30mph built up area its a moutain road and is there even a speed limit on it?

so two completly diff situations

looks like you had to back off in the bends mate:cool:

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
at the end of the day who cares its not you driving up the road is it? well dont moan, also ppl can say what they like there not condoling it just sayin top vid. also if your sayin keep it to the track why do you own a race bread road car? say la ve

182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
My god...

I think you need to get your facts into place before mouthing off. Let me reiterate...at the START of the hill climb, there is a clear warning that fast moving cars are to be expected, therefore you tackle it at your own risk.

Yes, I could of hit one of the other cars coming down, but so could any other driver on any other road. My example still stands about EVO magazine, I've seen first hand from the EVO Middle East magazine just how fast they go.

If you think it's dangerous, that's your opinion, I personally couldn't give two hoots what you think.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
im 20 past my test 3 year ago im a sensible driver thats why i own a 1.2 because i comute to uni every week. but the point im tryin to get across is no one cares what you say its up to them n not you. im not disputing your point cos you have one, but truth is no ones bothered other than u n a couple of others

182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
Cars a dangerous piece of machinary. You can be minding your own business doing 60mph in a 70mph and still get wiped out. I'm an experienced driver and I trust my abilities and if the day comes when some other loony takes me out, then that's that, I'm not going to stop enjoying myself.

If you're trying to tell me you've never once speeded or undertaken someone, then you are either a Saint or a liar.

172 Cup
but truth is no ones bothered other than u n a couple of others

Hmm.. I think 99% of the general population would support my view, so if that equates to 'me and a couple others' then so be it. You must be under the illusion that driving like that is deemed acceptable by the vast majority. ClioSport isn't evrything in this world mate.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
but truth is no ones bothered other than u n a couple of others

Hmm.. I think 99% of the general population would support my view, so if that equates to 'me and a couple others' then so be it. You must be under the illusion that driving like that is deemed acceptable by the vast majority. ClioSport isn't evrything in this world mate.

thing is its in Dubai not this country! think your the hypocrite can u prove you havent speeded ever, bet you do 35mph in a 30 your still over the speedlimit :quiet:

Renaultsport Clio 197
nice driving Dubai182, makes us proud to own a renaultsport..
But that rs4 goes lika fcuking rocket.

I've only seen 2 of the new rs4's, one went by me so fast I couldn't see his plates (18yr old boy with a present from his rich dad) and a black one I tried to follow up some similar mountain roads but I was nowhere near as succesfull as you.
Altough in my defense, these roads were much more steep (uphil) and I just didn't have enough torque, and lost him after 2 minutes lol

:)

and you clearly know how to drive so it's not (totaly) dangerous driving :)

btw, don't all magazinec and car shows put up brabuses and amgs on the autobahn and do like 200 miles regularly.
I know that Autobahn doesn't have a speed limiter but what's to stop someone to chang lanes fast without signaling ? nothing...
sh1t happens
if it doesn't - all the better

A4 Avant
Please just appreciate the vid for what it is, a clio against and RS4. The off topic spam isn't required. If you wish to enter into the rights and wrongs of the videos, then either PM or Msn Dubai182.

Status
Not open for further replies.