ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Warning light ?

Lotus Elise, Clio 182 cup
Whilst driving up to Nottingham & about 1 hour into the journey a warning light came on & stayed on throughout the duration of the journey there & back which is approx 6 hour journey in total. The car did not miss a beat at all & drove fine. I have since found out that the warning light in question is the Exhaust gas monitor warning light & according to the manual it could cause serious damage if you continue to drive the car. Has anyone had this problem aswell & was it expensive? Any advice welcome.

Elise,Pum,WRX,MCS,R6
maybe cat but if car is running fine its a bit strange.

anyone with any ideas would be much appricated.

Inferno 182
Mine did the same thing a few weeks ago. I thought it was related to the petrol I used on the last fill up as it seemed to come on straight after that.
I took it to a garage and they identified that the exhaust was leaking around the cat. They fixed it easily enough.
There have been a few threads on this so do a search but as already said, it could be so many things so I would just get it checked out for peace of mind.

182-racing-blue

Dont take it to Renault whatever you do!!!

They will say you need a new cat. It could be that it needs a tiny weld.

The 182 is fitted with dual lambda sensors, one pre cat and one post cat, if they are reading the same emissions then the light will come on.

See if the cat it leaking first, if not it could be the sensors, these are around 40 quid + fitting each I think....

172cup
as above... DO NOT take it to reno.

Get to a local garage with a scanner/clip....

usually this is as simple as replacing an O2 sensor, however be prepared... could also be injector, or coil pack.

A shiny black one.
Had this a couple of weeks ago, car ran fine whenever it was on and it was the pre cat sensor, I found the fault code b4 reno had the car so id know if they were tryin to screw me, the code was 266!

E11OOT

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 6/Ph1 v6/R34
sometimes just turning it off then back on again solves the problem