ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Waterpump leak ?

I am loosing coolant in my 182.

Its intermitant, but sometimes I will return to the car to see a small puddle underneath just forward of the front drivers side axle and a slow drip. I am also constantly topping it up with water/coolant.

Worse case scenario.... if it is a leaky waterpump that needs replacing - must the cambelt be replaced ? The cambelt was done only 30,000 kms ago by a previous owner but looking at the receipt, there is no mention of doing the waterpump at the same time....idiots !!

Hopefully it is something more minor but I am preparing for the worst.

145db Euro'd clio
i've got a 1.2 and my water pump has just started p*ssing water out. mines run off the cambelt though so having to replace that too. although, if the cambelt is okay, then there isnt a need to change it!

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
You need to pinpiont the actual source of the leak to before changing it - Could be a pipe but it could also be the pump... get under it and have a proper look.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
i've got a 1.2 and my water pump has just started p*ssing water out. mines run off the cambelt though so having to replace that too. although, if the cambelt is okay, then there isnt a need to change it!

Technically yes though you can get away without but no matter which 1.2 unit you have (8v or 16v) at the price of the parts you'd be silly not to!

Cheers all. Yep, I will take it to a mechanic and get a proper inspection done. I was just preparing for the worse, but good to know the cambelt etc doesnt need to be touched to replace the waterpump if the leak is coming from there.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
IIRC the entire aux equipment mounting needs to come away from the engine block though to be able to get at some of the water pump bolts... not an as simple job as it seems at first.

ITB'd MK1
IIRC the entire aux equipment mounting needs to come away from the engine block though to be able to get at some of the water pump bolts... not an as simple job as it seems at first.

on the F4R? not necessary to go quite that far, but the lower cambelt cover (and upper to meake it easier), aux tensioner, and in turn a few bits and pieces need to come off