ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182, whats up

i dont know whats going on with my 182.

ive done 5200 miles know and, the car does nt seem the same.

went to a race meeting the other night, my 182 vs a mr2 import 2.0l 16v.

last time we raced, my car batterted him.

this time, we where head to head.

what wrong i thought, has he done some mods, asked him "no its only been a week"

so i thinking whats wrong, car does not seem to be pulling that well anymore, plus the clutch feel very hard, i mean when you push in the pedal.

and to add to insult, the brakes feel crap, push hit the floor and crap braking, no where near as good when i first got it.

anyone with any ideas,

dk

911 GTS Cab

id say you shot yourself in the foot when you mentioned the words

"race meet"

and

"last time we raced"

why what wrong with that it was on an air strip and was organised.

oh sorry, forgot to say about the strip etc....

£5 to get in, its all ok.

not naughty

any help then....

P

peterh2

Is his MR2 a turbo? The colder air can have big advantages for turbos

guessing its the NA variant he is talking about otherwise i would have suggested colder denser air recently aiding preformance.

no non turbo,

i have gave my 182 5000 hard miles, i thinking about changing the oil to mobil 1 and adding some slick 50.

but i dont know, just does nt seem to pull as well anymore

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2

has it had a service? Maybe an oil change and filter change will do it the world of good.

Ziel Nurburgring

What was the ground conditions like? Being a RWD in damp/wet conditions would have been a massive advantage to your FWD, could have just been a sloppy get away, have you changed fuels (Like running it on 95ron rather than 98) or maybe the first time he got a sh*t get away.

Try a 3rd run and see where it comes out

If youve given it death for 5k then change the oil, mine came out fairly thick after 3k so might be worth swapping that, plus check for crap in the air filter.

Fuel loads? Passengers? All adds up!

cheers guys for input,

i think i will get an oil change and put a green cotton air fliter panel in and see how it runs.

What is the best panel fliter and has anyone put slick 50 in with their oil, does the car seem to run smoother.

i did this with my 206 gti and with the slick 50 in, the car ran better and smoother

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode

Quote: Originally posted by greer182 on 14 December 2004

What is the best panel fliter and has anyone put slick 50 in with their oil, does the car seem to run smoother.

i did this with my 206 gti and with the slick 50 in, the car ran better and smoother
doesnt this stuff contain ptfe, which with prolonged use can clog oilways etc?!

[Edited by gt_gaz on 14 December 2004 at 7:27pm]

ill say this once only DO NOT USE SLICK 50 IN A NEW CAR its fine for shagged out 100k miles plus nails but you shouldnt be using it on a new modern low milage engine it will do more harm than good.