ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Yozza blowing?

Got a Yozza with Scorpion decat, fitted with new centre clamp and cat fitting kit.

On acceleration there is a whistle/rattle type noise and I can't figure out where it's coming from. Is it normal?

I can't see any loose heat shield that are touching it, driving me mad ATM lol.

Thanks.

Inferno 225
I have it on mine fella duno if it normal like but Iv had a lad that was driving mine today and he has had a yozza with decat and he said not about it, hope this has helped

lecky

I think it might be something vibrating because when i park on a hill or uneven ground solething vibrates then.

Can only hear it with windows open too lol need a ktec IK to drown it out :p

Usually that noise comes from cat / mani joint? Genuine kit etc?

Yes mate, how tight do I need to do the spring bolt setup? The springs are pretty much fully compressed with the scorpion decat.

I think i might just bring it to you again with some other bits I want doing :)

Mondeo TDCI 130
The nut's should bottom out tight like?? The noise they make is a chuffing / screeching / howling sound??

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
they all do it from the join at the back of the cat. The angle of the flare on the exhaust is slightly wrong so it barely contacts. Not a problem that's exclusive to this system, but I've seen more of these than most, that are like it

The nut's should bottom out tight like?? The noise they make is a chuffing / screeching / howling sound??

Yeah they bottom out but the spring is fully compressed pretty much? Hmm it's hard to describe, those words all sound differently in my head LOL

they all do it from the join at the back of the cat. The angle of the flare on the exhaust is slightly wrong so it barely contacts. Not a problem that's exclusive to this system, but I've seen more of these than most, that are like it

So where the decat meets teh manifold is at the wrong angle? Is that why the proper Yozza decat has a kink in it?

Is there anything I can do or just live with it?

Thanks

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
no, you've misunderstood, the flare doesn't sit well on the back of the cat. You can usually get them to work, but only with a genuine joiner clamp (cheap ones won't let you do them up tight enough without stripping the thread off the bolts), and a fair old blob of high temp silicon

no, you've misunderstood, the flare doesn't sit well on the back of the cat. You can usually get them to work, but only with a genuine joiner clamp (cheap ones won't let you do them up tight enough without stripping the thread off the bolts), and a fair old blob of high temp silicon

Ahh my bad. I've re sealed that join twice now, first time with a NWP clamp, didn't work and was still blowing.

This time i've used a genuine clamp and lots of loctite 5920 sealant, it sounds a lot better. I find it loses its raspiness when its leaking?

It's really hard to pinpoint where its making the noise from.

this is why i like modding the cat for a straight pipe and making a sleeve joint

This s what I did on my new system from Fred. Cut the end off, flare it out and then use a milltek decat. I have a silenced decat but is the same size as the milltek one.

How much does this usually cost?

I'm not even sure its that join as I know what it sounds like when thats leaking.

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Got mine sleeved ages ago from Fred. No more blowing noises. The standard flange is shocking
Deffo get it sleeved.

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
What does it sound like? I've been under it and there's no leak when idling, no one was around to rev it lol

Mine sounded like a loud bumble bee, buzzing noise when it was blowing. My flange was pretty much non existent though due to previous owner fitting the yozza with a air gun to tighten clamp. It shattered the flange on the cat pipe.

This s what I did on my new system from Fred. Cut the end off, flare it out and then use a milltek decat. I have a silenced decat but is the same size as the milltek one.
Got mine sleeved ages ago from Fred. No more blowing noises. The standard flange is shocking
Deffo get it sleeved.
Mine sounded like a loud bumble bee, buzzing noise when it was blowing. My flange was pretty much non existent though due to previous owner fitting the yozza with a air gun to tighten clamp. It shattered the flange on the cat pipe.

How much did you pay to get it done?

Buzzing noise and whistling under load.

Gonna get it done ASAP now though, bored of the stupid noise!

Yeah I guess that's what mine sounds like.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!

Piper and Janspeed systems have an insert you pull out so nothing non reversible needs to be done.

I'd normally charge about £65 (hour plus a bit of material cost).

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Ye I'm sure Fred charged about 60-70 quid for mine. We was at his unit till about 10pm though. Made a good chop on the cat pipe, I would take a picture but cars having a holiday at Fred's for 4 weeks.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
I'd like to see a pic of one sleeved too. I've had various clamps/paste/silicon on my decat pipe and still blows.

ph1 172
http://
8150834179_16e30de71f_z.jpg
Untitled by Rhys Beal, on Flickr

Excuse the rtv silicone.

Attachments

• 8150834179_16e30de71f_z.jpg
    8150834179_16e30de71f_z.jpg
    160.1 KB · Views: 11
Depends what exhaust. If its a Yozza yes as they come with a flange type fit as standard.
Some aftermarket exhausts have a sleeve type fitment on the centre section as standard.

Depends what exhaust. If its a Yozza yes as they come with a flange type fit as standard.
Some aftermarket exhausts have a sleeve type fitment on the centre section as standard.

Yeah I get you, cheers.

Ill look into getting this done then, driving me mad and I Cba trying to sort the clamp out again :(

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
I have a yozza, Just fitting new renault CAT fitting kit and and clamp and yet there is a slight whistle from my yozza when im giving it beans.

Never known what it is or why it does it.

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
I would call him. Emails and Fred don't work well together.

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
I am doing, waiting for an email back from Fred :)

Just annoying though, £70 odd to stop a tiny whistle that you can only hear with windows open lol.

I could hear mine windows shut the lot. It was horrendous.

You won't regret it. It's money well spent, rather than keep messing about trying to sort it all the time.

I would call him. Emails and Fred don't work well together.

Ill see if I get an email reply first, not in a major rush as I'd like to take my wheels to citypowdercoaters at the same time :)

I could hear mine windows shut the lot. It was horrendous.

You won't regret it. It's money well spent, rather than keep messing about trying to sort it all the time.

Mine was terrible when I used the original clamp lol yeah I agree, get done properly.

If I were to buy a miltek decat (2.5"), chop the olive end of the centre section and then use a sleeve, would this work?

Racing Blue 182
Sorry to hijack pal, but does anyone know if any other places can sleeve them or just Fred? Coz I live miles and miles away and Fred is too far away unfortunately, anyone know somewhere a bit closer to the South West that will do it?

Could K-Tec? They'd charge a bit though I think!