ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 zorst. anyone with aftermarket...help

RenaultSport clio 182
Hi all,
Just fitted powertec induction kit to my 182. And it sounds awesome. Now the bug has bitten me again, i'd thought I gave this kinda stuff up but I aint.
I now want a cat back system but realy dont know what to opt for. I want summit loud and noticeable but not window breaking loud. Bike cans would be cool ?? Im Nr canterbury in kent so if anyone knows any decent custom builders let me know. I dont fancy going all the way to wales for a custom build there must be others nearer?
Or theres the magnex or k-tec ones, any ideas guys?

clio 200 F4Rt
i am also in same position, want a new exhasut for 182 cup, but not sure what my choices are.

for me it cant be too loud as i do alot of track days, and dont want risk of breaking sound tests, also has to be good enough for if/when i go throttle bodies in future!

RenaultSport clio 182
Im sure they cant just start giving you grief over the exhaust , obv if u moan your zorst knocks or summit and its anaftermarket 1 then u wont have leg to stand on. but i know its diff companies but I work for BMW and we wouldn't care bout an after market zorst if the fault complained about had nought 2 do with it. its up 2 discretion of the dealer anyway they could be out of order or nice as pie. sure you'd be fine

Bobbywhacker said:
How does Renault view exhaust mods - don't mind? OR start ripping up the warrenty forms?
They can revalidate any cliam on stuff they can prove is responsible for the fault.
Basically yuor safe for most stuff.

Clio 172 mk2
I'd go for something discreet like a K-tec Stealth....nice sound and doesn't weigh a ton.

Clio 182
I have just bought a cat back Magnex to go on my 54 plate 182, i can't tell you what it will be like as it will be next Saturday when i get it fitted. All i can say is that i have had Magnex sytems on my previous cars and they are a well made system and sound nice without been over the top.

With the warranty side...i spoke to my local Reno dealer about me fitting one and all they said was that if a fault occurs which is caused by the exhaust this would make it a bit of a grey area (but it is down to the dealers descretion) but if say your wheel bearing went there would be no problems,also they told me that they have never yet had any probs with after market exhausts.

hope this is of help

Clio 172 mk2
I did have a Magnex but took it off after a week....just didn't like the look of it.

Sounded very nice though and the quality was good:D

RenaultSport clio 182
let me know wot your magnex is like??? bet u cant wait till its fitted. i had a powerflow zorst made for mk6 fiesta but wasn't impressed so thats y i might buy one already made and fit it myself

Clio 182
Yep will let you know what its like once it is fitted, i did see a post somewhere on the forums where it has a piccy of a Magnex "slash cut" system on.
I got mine from this company http://www.europerformance.co.uk/ they were by far the cheapest at £360ish thats about £40 less than buying from Magnex themselves and it arrived the next day.

Get a custom made one from hayward and scott, think thats what im gunna get when i get my next car dont want to go all the way to pro speed.

Hmm well that certainly eases my mind. I guess if I kept the original I could always whack it back on the motor --- as long it wasn't get towed to the Ren garage lol

D4ve F said:
Get a custom made one from hayward and scott, think thats what im gunna get when i get my next car dont want to go all the way to pro speed.

Do a search on Hayward & Scott and you will find a thread about a guy who purchased there system as part of a cliosport group buy who's had no end of problems.

I too am considering a new exhaust system plus sports cat for my 182, it needs to have rolled-in slashed pipes, produce a nicer note than stock without any cabin drone / boom, be lighter and produce improved torque.

I was considering the Oribsoud 182 road exhaust but have had it confirmed that it booms very hard at low revs / motorway type driving.

The spec of the Blueflame system with there sports cats looks very tempting but I'm not too sure if I like the look of the tail pipes.

There is also the Janspeed system which for me ticks all the boxes - but I will probably wait a bit and do some more research before I make a purchase.

7MAT