ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Zorst disaster part 2

Donny_Dog

ClioSport Club Member
  Jim's rejects
Following on from my previous thread regarding the back boxes.... this time it's the cat/de-cat.

I'd like to put a cat back in the car. Currently it has a decat as below.
It's crap and blows as good as our lass.

There is a sale/voucher code for Euro car parts (no suprise) that shows I can get a cat for £63. I didn't think that was bad.

IMG_20180423_194805.jpg

Details of cat:
https://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/...d5ad58f9cc542d1a197d53504eba325212725a&000059

Question is, the cats for the 182 I've seen previously had a small bit of pipe that came with them, like so:

Screenshot_2018-04-24-20-43-23.png

Where do you get that little bit from?! All ebay/after market cats just seem to display the cat and thats it.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
They've full on bodged up your exhaust haven't they. Jesus christ. Did they use the scaffolding stolen from their workplace for that 'decat'?

On looking at your system they've cut off the 'olive' joint, but I can't work out whether they've welded it to the rest of the exhaust system? Can you try removing the 'decat' and seeing what you have left?

Is the rest of the exhaust system standard by the way, or is it aftermarket?

Cat wise, you want to go for one of the genuine cats which can be had usually for around 45 posted (Post on csoc or cs.net facebook page or ask with some breakers) They're much better quality than the aftermarket ones and hold their value as they're proper cats -
1524689964355.png

The connection on the far right is the 'olive' joint, which most people get away with as they tend to blow. Most people will just remove it and add a section of pipe to sleeve it over the exhaust centre section. Like so -

1524690033277.png

It might almost be worth looking for a completely aftermarket system to replace this shambles with. I picked up a milltek full non res system with decat for 350 posted.

If you remove what you have now after the mani to the centre section just so you know what you have to play with that will make things easier

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Few options, PMS sell the sleeve as seen in the pic above. Needs welding on though.
the olive joint adapter you mention is available - hard to find - I know miltek sell one: The adapter is available from Milltek for £15+vat and the part number is F5086
hope that helps.

Donny_Dog

ClioSport Club Member
  Jim's rejects
Great assistance as always, thank you both.
FYI I bought it as it is, it's all the previous owners handiwork.
Cheers

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
I recon you'd be best with a new exhaust from the manifold back.

The work they have done looks shocking, I'd bin the lot off.