ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182_steve's FF 182 progress thread!

Darren61

ClioSport Club Member
Glad he passed it. Would be such a “jobsworth” to put it as an advisory for those tiny BS stamps.

In the greater context of the car and it’s condition and your loyalty to them, there was only one option.. PASS!

Lovely stuff Steve!

3000 miles in that time is mad. Most cover that in a few months!

Car looks great as always mate.

Thanks Mark! Yeah it's crazy isn't it, I too put a decent amount of miles on my daily car but the Clio does live a bit of a sheltered life in the garage!

This made me look back at the MOT history and it's done 962 miles between this MOT and last year's! Also, it's only ever had 4 advisories, one being yesterday and the last before then was back in 2011!

Last edited:
  Clio 182
I'm not sure if it was her that i posted but i got my engine in from Renparts, and have now done over 3000 miles on it. Not skipped a beat and I've had high 30's MPG/ low 40's on a long run! obviously drops considerably on the B roads ;)

I'm not sure if it was her that i posted but i got my engine in from Renparts, and have now done over 3000 miles on it. Not skipped a beat and I've had high 30's MPG/ low 40's on a long run! obviously drops considerably on the B roads ;)

Nice one, good to hear! Seems ages ago now all that Renparts debacle, i'm sure the box would have been ok...…… if I ever got it!

Nothing new to report, I think the Clio has done a whole 2 miles since it came back from the MOT - which was just to get my buddy to rotate the wheels for me at his tyre place. Anyway, thanks to @Darren61 I've some proper wheel storage sorted for my Turini's, especially needed now that they have been cleaned fronts and backs and made to look brand new again. Great quality bags from Richbrook and only £30 off eBay for the four! Have just thrown an old sheet over them as well just to keep the centres covered...…...

30157121397_c08258f372_b.jpg

31221410158_37b5fb8596_b.jpg

Andy P

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172, i20N
I also have the Skoda ones as above which I paid £10. Bought a spare set even though I have no use at present.

Rystar

ClioSport Club Member
  2003 Clio 172
Can't believe you got pulled up on the BS marks... mine sailed through the last with the shorter front plate on with no mention of it, suppose its complete luck of the draw!

Seeing how clean and tidy your car is as a whole makes me wish I looked after mine a lot more. 3 years ownership in march and 65k Later and its looking rough! And to think its spent about 6 months of that time up on stands...broken...just like it is now *sigh*

So, in a somewhat shocking turn of events...… this car was driven down the road by it's new owner this afternoon!

Still can't quite get my head around how quick things have come together and moved along, but have thought for a little while now that I maybe fancied a change, having done everything I wanted to the Clio and enjoyed it for 2 and a half years. The thought pattern was I didn't have to sell the car and wouldn't sell it unless the right car came along, at the right price, with the right spec. So two Fridays back, that exact car appeared online, I snapped it up and then had a joyous journey round the M25 in Saturday traffic to Surrey to pick it up. Before I get to that, this left me with my beloved Clio. Decided I can't have two garage ornaments so messaged a friend who I know has been after it for years, even before I owned it (local car) and told him my price, he said yes and snapped it straight up. The Clio was never officially for sale and no for advert was even written. It was that quick!

So a quick brief on the new toy, it's not a Renault, but it's about as small!

It's an R53 Supercharged facelift Mini, dyno'd 240bhp, cammed, mapped, custom exhaust, custom air-box, KW Clubsport coilovers, R56 brakes, Pro Race 1.2's with AD08R tyres, 15% pulley, GP cooler, dash mounted scan gauge, the list goes on and on, but with a standard looks body, full interior and 54,000 miles!

I'll still be on the forum as usual, just not with an Arctic Clio!

30630664297_77a34b9eb4_b.jpg

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
Shame to hear your Clio is gone, but great alternative, an R53 would've been my second choice after a Clio!

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
In a strange way, I'm glad this happened.

Don't get me wrong, I'm gutted to see the clio go. It was a good base car and over time you made into a great car with a good spec, along with a decent maintenance upkeep.

But, no matter how much money you throw at it, when you fall out of love with it for whatever reason, it's hard to regain that. Which then makes you look at other motors. I know you've been contemplating the mini for a while now so I can't see it being a bad choice at all. The spec looks decent and dare I say it, better than the clio. Low miles and good condition to so you will once again have a great base car.

Have you any plans on doing further mods to the mini or just keep it well maintained?

Thanks gents, yes it still seems odd to think the Clio is now gone, especially as it all happened within one week, it's not like that car sat around for sale for weeks and I had time to get used to the idea! But it seems strangely normal to now see the Mini in the garage and i'm not sure i'm missing the Clio as much as I thought I might. Yet. A few friends are getting into Minis too which helps and we had ANOTHER massive road trip yesterday, about 40 miles from dover infact, to get a Purple facelift Cooper S for my mate. But seeing my clio on the road when we were en-route, it looked soooo clean, it certainly turned my head. What were the chances of seeing it!!!! Such a great example with all the right mods and maintenance and the new owner loves it to bits, same as I did, I know already.

@Dr Jekyll your right there Mark, I think I just took it as far as I wanted to go and it still needed a couple of things to make it perfect and I was just too deep into it financially now, I couldn't justify any more on it. I got almost good liquid yellow money for the car, top top end for an Arctic, yet its still not even half what I spent on it. Had to draw the line and the time was right!

No plans for the Mini at all, it's modified further than I would have ever taken it already, so just keep it clean and well maintained! Sooo pleased to have a car already done this time!

Ive always liked these,how are they to rub compared to the clio?.are the older models better with the Supercharger better or Turbo ones?

Couldn't say regards the running costs (yet) matey as only driven it 171 miles and 170 of that was driving it home haha but I only wanted a supercharged one, no interest at all in an R56, they look too 'fat' I like the look of the earlier car, but had to be a facelift.

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200
That looks like an absolute monster, what's the spec there? Nice wheels too :D
It was built for the sports and saloons race series at KNOCKHILL, but it’s far too clean to go into that so I’ve put a few other mods on it and will no doubt upgrade it further mate... my attention to detail / OCD took over on this one too! I need to do a build thread for it and like you I shall probably do it on this forum rather than the mini one.....

Will you be doing a separate build thread?

Yes mate I reckon so, will have to get on that soon!

It was built for the sports and saloons race series at KNOCKHILL, but it’s far too clean to go into that so I’ve put a few other mods on it and will no doubt upgrade it further mate... my attention to detail / OCD took over on this one too! I need to do a build thread for it and like you I shall probably do it on this forum rather than the mini one.....

Sounds great! Yes was going to say it looks stunning in that photo, far too clean for that as you said...….. would be VERY interested to read a build thread on it!

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200
Yes mate I reckon so, will have to get on that soon!

Sounds great! Yes was going to say it looks stunning in that photo, far too clean for that as you said...….. would be VERY interested to read a build thread on it!
Thread is started mate, its in other marques I believe.... might be able to give you a few ideas. As a note it was an 8 month build (well 4 or 5 through the winter and a few in the nicer weather) so it will take me time to get it all typed up, and it will be picture heavy I’m sure!

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Good work on the Mini Steve, the spec looks perfect. That will surprise a LOT of people!

Thread is started mate, its in other marques I believe.... might be able to give you a few ideas. As a note it was an 8 month build (well 4 or 5 through the winter and a few in the nicer weather) so it will take me time to get it all typed up, and it will be picture heavy I’m sure!

Great stuff, i'm now heading over there to take a look ?

Good work on the Mini Steve, the spec looks perfect. That will surprise a LOT of people!

Thanks matey yes it's defo got a sleeper look going on, which personally I love!