ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182_steve's FF 182 progress thread!

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
You would think. As 10mm ish would be spot on imo. I've had various spacers and not a fan. Yeah the car looks better but I find on my car it drives worse. May just be me.

I've been doing my research in regards to the best way forward and i'm going for 5mm all round from PMS, 4x100, nice and easy to slip on the car and without big cost but will look a little better/wider than standard :up: I keep looking at the photos I took yesterday and i'm really not feeling the back end how wide it is at all!!

I've been saying the spacers on the car are 14mm but the previous owner told me they are 16mm and PMS do 15mm. Who thought a 1mm would make all the issue! 😂 I've not seen a single 14mm spacer anywhere however so I think i'll just call myself an idiot and realise now how I might have looked at it wrong. Did I mention already I've never bought or had spacers before? lol!

Slightly back on topic, why did renault spec different offsets for cup and trophy turini's?

That's exactly what I was thinking!!

Last edited:

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Yep, spot on steve! Perfect fit too.

2016-11-28_10-37-29.jpg

Brilliant, that's much appreciated! I would have happily ordered 4 of the same ones lol, although I've just noticed the 135mm are for the rears only to be fair. Literally now on the PMS website ordering :up:

So the Pure Motorsport spacers turned up 'next day' so that was brilliant, excellent quality too so really happy with them. Had to take a pic!

P1040684_zps9i2msu0s.jpg

The issue of wheel bolts had been in my mind however, knowing that the 15mm hubcentric spacers on the car were using 36mm bolts and these would surely be too long for only 5mm spacers? Anyway, I had a look on eBay and sure enough, more pages of bolts than I could be bothered to go through so narrowed it down to Clio and found a decent set of 30mm with locking nuts and key! I thought 30mm should be ok, assuming the standard ones are 26mm I believe and with a 5mm spacer, 30mm should do the job....... these were ordered the same night as the spacers and it all came in the post on the same day which was handy! :cool:

P1040685_zps76ovdjpp.jpg

Again, big thanks to Mark @Dr Jekyll for all the help with getting the right spacers for the car :up:

Today was my day off from work so really wanted to get the car sorted as the rubbing and sticky out wheels was bugging me lol!

Was able to get it sorted this morning and to say i'm pleased would be an understatement, it look's awesome! Amazing the difference the smaller spacers have made to the look of the car and the 30mm bolts went on lovely. It's a good thing to have some lockers on there now. Also....... NO MORE RUBBING!! Thought i'd take the car out for a little run and get some pics;

NOTE: I also took the wind deflectors off today which I think is a big improvement, they were on it when I bought it so didn't cost anything!

P1040686_zps57nu0qh0.jpg

P1040695_zpsr7hbyc5k.jpg

P1040692_zpsj5i0ob1r.jpg

P1040700_zpshhvm3rmj.jpg

P1040697_zpshiz3lnsu.jpg

With the roads being a bit rubbish and it being December 1st afterall, I guess it shouldn't have been a surprise to get home and find the car with salt and spray all up it, grit in the corners of the wheels and all sorts!! So took the chance to wash and dry it while the weather was nice and also dress the tyres which was badly needed!

P1040701_zps4bror6hv.jpg

P1040702_zps13yupwfp.jpg

Mintier than a mint thing. Perfect.
Do you have a link to the bolts please dude?

Yeah no problem, these are the ones I bought;

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/12-X-M12-...878433?hash=item2a584a1ca1:g:RNsAAOSwQTVV9su5

Looks brilliant mate, much cleaner than mine right now that's for sure

Haha cheers! It's not been polished for a bit so maybe the camera is being kind there but it is very clean, the Arctic blue looks so smart when like that!

Love. It.

When fitting the spacers was there any movement on the studs or were they snug

No didn't seem to have any issues, all nice and snug as far as I know

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Lovely car mate. I really want subtle spacers for mine, and yours looks just 'right'. Are longer bolts needed? I have cup turinis on 195/45/16, but really don't understand ETxx wheel sizes etc.

Thanks for all the kind comments guys, is much appreciated :up::up:

That is absolutely bloody perfect. I'd never want to leave it anywhere!

That is exactly my thoughts too...... I don't leave it anywhere! 😂

As it's a weekend car/toy it's not on daily duties so when it does come out, it's very rarely out of my sight!

Cant stopping looking, it looks so friggin' good steve. :up:

That last picture captures it perfectly.

That's a big compliment mate from someone who has a 182 as smart as yours!

Lovely car mate. I really want subtle spacers for mine, and yours looks just 'right'. Are longer bolts needed? I have cup turinis on 195/45/16, but really don't understand ETxx wheel sizes etc.

Thanks! As you can see from the posts before, it took a bit of messing about to get it just right as the old spacers were too big but it was so worth the effort. I'm no expert but can tell you 100% you'll need longer bolts to comfortably have 5mm spacers. I think 5mm is the limit on the standard bolts to be honest, but for such low cost, why risk it! Have a look in my old post above for the link to the locking bolts I bought........

always been a nice clean example but those wheels have definitely finished it off, the best it has looked right there, with you making spacer adjustments anyway any reason for not going 205/45/16? the extra width might have helped protect your rims a little more and its the standard tyre size for the 182, just curious.

always been a nice clean example but those wheels have definitely finished it off, the best it has looked right there, with you making spacer adjustments anyway any reason for not going 205/45/16? the extra width might have helped protect your rims a little more and its the standard tyre size for the 182, just curious.

Cheers, nice to hear its the best it's looked :up: with regards to tyres, I never even thought about that to be honest, just bought the same tyre size as was on the standard 182 rims!

I thought I'd just say thank you for putting the hard effort into the research on wheel spacers - I'll be ordering mine in time for my return to the UK in January :up:

That's a nice comment cheers mate but have to be honest, I did get help from @Dr Jekyll so he should have a chunk of the credit :blush:

Interesting read @182_steve it definetly is looking fresh, think we need to go out for a drive over the xmas break for sure!! And I think I may have to start my own "progress thread" with mine also! haha

Thanks buddy, both our Clio's have come on well in the last few months since we bought them :smile:

A drive out would be good fun but yes 100% start a progress thread for your minter, you've done so much, would be a good read!