ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182cup 182 cup pack

Hi

Ok can someone clear this up for me. Is there an actual 182 cup?

Or is it just a 182 with cup options?

If there is a 182cup what are the main differences to the 182?

Lots of differences not just weight!

Cloth interior, no xenon headlights just for starters

Look on main Renault website

I was in my local renault dealer with my lass cos she is looking to buy a new clio. There was a 182 with gordini stripes and i noticed the black patches under the headlamps (where the washers would be). So i asked the salesman if it was an actual 182 cup and he confirmed it was. However although it was a cup it still had ABS (stanard in the cup nowadays) and a/c, basically its hardly any different than the 182. Oh and it never had half leather seats. He was trying to tell me how much it was stripped out and i just said yeh but what 20kg?? cant make that much difference!

MINI JCW

There is a 182 cup and if you have a 182 with cup bits options there are setup the same way for handling etc.

the differences is the 182 cup is 20kg lighter so is slightly quicker, (wouldnt be noticeable in the real world) but in the 182 cup you lose alot of equipment such as climate control, automatic lights and wipers, xenonm headlights, cd player is not as good and half leather seats.

if gadgets are not your thing then go for the cup, but i would suggest to get a 182 with cup bits

THE RENAULTSPORT 182 DOES NOT HAVE HALF LEATHER SEATS!!!!!!!

THEY ARE FULL LEATHER AS ALCANTARA IS SUEDE WHICH IS A FORM OF LEATHER.

Hence leather/Alcantara sports seats with Renaultsport logo

The stitching is not leather though!

Quote: Originally posted by GTATTY182 on 05 December 2004

THE RENAULTSPORT 182 DOES NOT HAVE HALF LEATHER SEATS!!!!!!!

Hence leather/Alcantara sports seats with Renaultsport logo

The stitching is not leather though!

they are half leather, alcantera is not suede and is not a form of leather it is man made so your wrong im afraid

Alcantara is the other side of leather. Have a look on a leather belt, the reverse side is alcantara, so technically they are leather seats.

alcantara is NOT leather and it never was or ever will be, the other side of a leather belt is the other side of a leather belt i.e untreated leather, similar to suede(which is brushed leather, usually dyed),but not alcantara, how many man made cows have you seen :p

i dont care if its the inside of a chimps foreskin as long as it feels nice :confused:(i have never been near any chimps)

[Edited by STEAMY WINDOWS on 05 December 2004 at 9:22pm]

182Blue, so I made a mistake misguided by dealers whilst buying my 182! it is a textile fabric registered to Alcantara S.P.A

:oops:

lawrence

ClioSport Club Member
  is non-existent

did you get what you was looking for 172gal, went a bit off topic innit

probably did, loads of posts though, bet it made hot topic....!

just gonna look through my belt draw, cya all

ps all in all not much between 182cup and 182 but go for latter if you like your gadgets/gizmos/fancy thingys and a bit more luxury/comfort.

I love my 182

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by GTATTY182 on 05 December 2004

Err... alcantara is a synthetic "suede like" material... it is not real suede and is hence not leather...

The main differences between a 182 and 182 cup are as folows.

Revised suspension, track and geometry, far superior to a 182 with cup pack even.
Significantly faster due to a massive weight saving
Competition based braking system
air cooled vents instead of fog lights to supply cold air to both brakes and engine intake.
Engines were cherry picked and often produce 190bhp+
All nannying driver aids removed, not for cost but for weight savings.
Final price slightly more than a std 182.

:p

Quote: Originally posted by 182blue on 05 December 2004

alcantara is NOT leather and it never was or ever will be, the other side of a leather belt is the other side of a leather belt i.e untreated leather, similar to suede(which is brushed leather, usually dyed),but not alcantara, how many man made cows have you seen :p
PMSL