ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182's for funny money????

2004 clio 182
After owning 3 182 clio's, I might be soon in the market for another one and I was just wondering why there seems to be a lack of decent examples for reasonable money? I sold my last one which was in show room condition for just over 3k, and all I see advertised at that price is cars I wouldn't touch with a barge pole! Is it just me or has the demand shot up in the last 6 months?

Yeah, I'm beginning to worry about it a bit - I'm looking to buy one once I've sold my current car and I'm beginning to panic that I might not be able to find a good one!

2004 clio 182
I just don't see how a 2004 with over 100k on the clock is still being advertised for over 3k???? I was expecting to find a fairly standard example with around 50-75k on the clock with FSH for sub 3k money? I expect to do a little tidying up but not spend another 3k to get it looking half decent?

banther

ClioSport Club Member
TBH I would join up properly and look in the For Sale section.

CS really drives down the cost of them. Nothing on here is worth more than £1500 if it hasnt got turini's / isnt detailed / has an age related tiny dent / doesnt have a £12 splitter.

2004 clio 182
I was a fully paid member up until April this year when I sold my last one, I can still see the for sale section tho ;) I thought the forum would be the best place to start looking for good examples but cant really see anything that takes my fancy, I'm not paying 3k+ for some of the crap that's being advertised! I might start looking at 172 cups for my budget?

2004 clio 182
Very nice car you have there but probably a little hard-core for me I'm afraid, but your level of attention to detail and care is on the same lines of what I'm looking for!

banther

ClioSport Club Member
Not mine mate!! haha.

2nd one is just a v good condition standard cup. 1st one is a good deal simply down to parts if thats the route you were going down.

​But yeah for your budget can get an epic 172 / Cup.

2004 clio 182
Sorry didn't see the second one! That's exactly what I would be after if a decent 182 doesn't come up? I will keep an eye on that one, if/when the time comes that I need to buy smthn!

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
£3k should get you a tidy 182 tbh, I think I'd be lucky to get £3k for mine and its had belts, disks/pads brake fluid and starter motor with full MOT and a few little mods in the last few months. Bodywork isn't amazing with a ding on a door and a small scuff on the rear bumper and a few chips on the front.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
We paid under 2K for a pretty tidy RB182 with 121K on the clock.

Needed shocks and brakes and an aux belt, but other than that was pretty much spot on :)

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
THeres 2 nice ones gone on PH today-

an Arctic blue on 58k - worth a shout- probs get 3250- has new pilots on it as well.

S

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
there are precisely 3 cars I would buy from TEZ interwebs at the moment.

2 are overpriced - but that blue one looks nice- to much for me though- looks nice for a private buy.

Steve

2004 clio 182
I personally haven't come across anything that is reasonably priced? Thats from ebay, gumtree, PH, Autotrader and on here! I'm not interested in cars that need thousands spent on them or owners that don't have a clue about their history! I'll just wait and fingers crossed some thing will come up?

Clio 172 182 197 200
We have 6 182s in stock at the moment.

Sensible mileages and we can always sort a good deal especially for a member on clio sport

Dtmcars.co.uk

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
There are loads of them out there but 8/10 of them are shitters. I looked at 8 before I bought mine and I paid £3,600 for it 13 months ago. Still spent over £3,000 on tidying it up and replacing tired items etc.

As said majority are now shitters!! 9/10 clios i would not touch.

Too many youngsters :eek: buying them up, paying 5k insurance and can't afford the up keep so run them into the ground and sell them on or smash them up.

​Take your time and don't rush into it.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
3 year's ago I wanted either a mint ph1 or a RB 182, I couldn't find a mint 182 for under 5k and all I had was 4k so I bought my ph1.

Very happy I did tbh. :)

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
despite what people say 3.5k is the benchmark to get a decent sub 60k 182.-- that's with any remedial work completed on the car.

S

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
As said majority are now shitters!! 9/10 clios i would not touch.

Too many youngsters :eek: buying them up, paying 5k insurance and can't afford the up keep so run them into the ground and sell them on or smash them up.

​Take your time and don't rush into it.

Totally agree 98% aree proper dogs but most people look on here at how much they think they are worth, buy a shitter and throw a few grand at it tryingv to get it ok, but you will never change a lack of history or its number of owners ! Cliosport is very good at devalueing 1*2 s lol
You could always pm me when you get fed up of looking at dogs may sell ya mine ;)

To be honest I struggled like feck to find a decent 182 over a year ago. I saw all sorts, the worst was in Sunderland that was on 67,000 miles yet Renault Sunderland had put a new engine in on 70,000 miles!

I viewed a fair few, either no V5 or photos taken on the cars "good side" when infact it was a shed and need some serious bodywork, and I had pretty much given up hope of owning a 182 and started browsing 172's up until I saw my Titanium. Not the colour I wanted but it was an 'honest' car!

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
I wouldnt let mine go for any less than £4k either tbh. CS really does drive the price down, I see 1.2 55 plate clios going for 3k so why would a 182 be worth the same. Im the 2nd owner of mine which i bought almost 5 years ago in 2008 and even then it took me 3 moths of looking to find this one. The majority you see for £2.5k-3k have had at least 5 owners and have been on a track.

I paid £3100 for mine around a month ago, 62k and Belts done. needed brakes and tyres. Spent 2k+ and still need rear brakes doing. Can't see me wanting to sell it after ploughing so much into it in so little time.